• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

[Redacted] not going anywhere...

This reminds me of when the Dolphins were in the running for Andrew Luck and started winning some meaningless games near the end of the season- thus destroying their chance to get a franchise qb and ensuring they will continue to suck. I was so pissed when they won those games. Yes, after this win Bz ain't going nowhere. If he's given an extension there's no way Wellman can keep that secret is there- because if there is I'm sure he'll try to.

One great win does not mean we retain our coach nor does a slew of horrid losses mean he will be fired. If he finishes below .500 in season three, I do not see how Wellman can retain him. I enjoyed watching this game, though.

Could be wrong, but I recall BabyDeac posting about how Wellman is subjectively searching for all he can to justify [Redacted]'s retention and possible extension instead of objectively weighing his overall performance. BabyDeac seems trustworthy, and if what I typed is accurate, you are wrong.

Wow, the hardcore bzzouters just don't get it. The first two years our wins were against the bottom of the ACC. This year we've mostly beaten teams in the 1st division. Add to that an actual handful of heartbreaking losses...

If this post is serious, what you don't get is that, as I recall, Dino was .500 or better against the top 25. So we traded that for a guy that hasn't gotten to .500 overall in a season at a Big 6 school.

Plus we are 1-4 against the bottom schools.

If extended, which I expect at this point, I will be distanced even further from this program. It's all about Wellman covering his ass at this point and nothing about the long-term
viability of our athletic department.

I foresee taking in a few games on Deacon Hill for football and that's about it for 2013-2014.

I think RW will do the right thing and derail the Buzz Train after this season. It's time.

I wonder what kind of raise Bz will get? Perhaps he'll get a bonus for the big win, for a job well done.

Could be wrong, but I recall BabyDeac posting about how Wellman is subjectively searching for all he can to justify [Redacted]'s retention and possible extension instead of objectively weighing his overall performance. BabyDeac seems trustworthy, and if what I typed is accurate, you are wrong.

I think Baby's stance has been that no one knows what the heck Wellman will do.

I think Baby's stance has been that no one knows what the heck Wellman will do.

I think Baby has said both - that anyone stating without a doubt what Wellman is thinking or what the line in the sand will be is wrong - but at the same time, Wellman is truly high on buzz and will use anything to justify keeping him around [to be proved right]

What else would people mention when you say you went to Wake? Especially in Chris Paul's city.

I meant over the 10 years that I've lived here. Maybe more so in the last year since CP has been here but that only strengthens my argument that Wake Forest means basketball to a lot of people outside of the south and NJ- where it's known as one of Duke's rivals.

I think Baby has said both - that anyone stating without a doubt what Wellman is thinking or what the line in the sand will be is wrong - but at the same time, Wellman is truly high on buzz and will use anything to justify keeping him around [to be proved right]

As you were posting this, I was looking through Baby's posts, and you've represented them correctly. Thanks for clarifying.

Meh...I think Buzz was going to be in whether he won this game or not.

Ron loves him. This win just helps solidify his BuzzIn stance and gives another excuse to retain him.

Buzz isn't going to quit.

I love Wake basketball, and I loved seeing CJ and Travis after the game today. I like that Battle won his scout. I am happy for the kids. I can only hope that some major, much needed confidence was gained today by the freshmen, because they are going to need it next year when they don't have CJ.

It is what it is. We were screwed no matter what, so enjoy beating the #2 team in the country.

Back