• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

[Redacted] on Twitter

Eight tweets in the last few hours and he's following the players. Wish I could neg rep him. Poor form.

Don't blow your load and try to stay away from the players/recruits. You can have fun without potentially embarrassing the program and adding on to how the real Bzzz is hurting it.

Eight tweets in the last few hours and he's following the players. Wish I could neg rep him. Poor form.

Don't blow your load and try to stay away from the players/recruits. You can have fun without potentially embarrassing the program and adding on to how the real Bzzz is hurting it.

Basically this. I'm with Ph here.

I like laughs as much as the next guy, but I also care about the public perception of our program. Twitter is definitely public. I'm not saying a large amount of people will ever care about the fake [Redacted] romping around the interwebs, but a very large part of me is nervous that fake [Redacted] is going to upset players/recruits in some way.

11:38pm, May 25, 2011.

The day PhDeac took the internet as seriously as rjkarl.

A time and date that will live in infamy.

Basically this. I'm with Ph here.

I like laughs as much as the next guy, but I also care about the public perception of our program. Twitter is definitely public. I'm not saying a large amount of people will ever care about the fake [Redacted] romping around the interwebs, but a very large part of me is nervous that fake [Redacted] is going to upset players/recruits in some way.

Then they should get thicker skin. Or, if they can't get that, then they should sack the hell up next season and play harder for their Coach. Fact is, Coach Buzz is a target right now.

And do you know why? 8-24. With 19 of those losses being by double digit points.

He deserves a bit of stick directed at him.

Yeah. Twitter fuels revolutions in the Middle East. Hell yeah, I'm taking it seriously. It's not the same as a sports message board.

Don't disagree that he deserves a bit of stick directed at him, but this isn't stick. This is someone pretending to be him. The ruse certainly won't fool him and it won't fool us, but I worry it may fool others.

I commend [Redacted] for starting the twitter. I think it's a good thing. The athletic department is trying. They're putting forth effort at modernizing, reaching out, getting up with the times. Is it really necessary that we undermine that in order to give him "stick"?

It isn't "stick", it's shtick, unless I'm missing some new hip lingo.

Eh, you know my stance on parodies. They better be funny. I don't do parodies because I wouldn't be funny enough.

I was all for doing a parody twitter. This one just looks like it's doing too much too soon and too publicly. You know my stance about two board as well. I like this board for the fans and DS for the public. I hope this place never comes up on the first page of Google.

I'm consistent.

Don't disagree that he deserves a bit of stick directed at him, but this isn't stick. This is someone pretending to be him. The ruse certainly won't fool him and it won't fool us, but I worry it may fool others.

I commend [Redacted] for starting the twitter. I think it's a good thing. The athletic department is trying. They're putting forth effort at modernizing, reaching out, getting up with the times. Is it really necessary that we undermine that in order to give him "stick"?

You are complaining about a parody on Twitter. You realize that, right?

@CoachBzzzWFU
Coach Bzzz
@OGBoardscom I'm about to take Ty out for ice cream (he didn't make a whiny status for a week, #reward) but I want to reach out to the fans!

You are complaining about a parody on Twitter. You realize that, right?

Yep. I just think it's dumb that the parody shows up as soon as the Athletic Department tries to get our coach on twitter, and that the parody is contacting a former player that's already on rocky ground with our coach.

This isn't about BzzIn or BzzOut, I don't think. It's about WFU Basketball being "our" program, and not openly mocking it (because that's what parodies do, amirite) on twitter.

I am concerned a little bit, but remember there was one for Rahm Emmanuel that was extremely profane that was made right as he announced his run for mayor of Chicago.

And then Rahm won.

Last edited:
That's completely different.

Back