• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

[Redacted] on Twitter

I understand any reservations that people may have about this, but until the dude crosses the line I think we should just laugh. If the line is crossed, I agree that this should be shut down.

Good post. That's fair.

I just think directing a tweet at Ari is a bad sign.

Yeah, that is true. I'll admit that I laughed when I saw the tweet at Ari, but I agree that tweets at former players and certainly at current players is a line that shouldn't be crossed. Until then, I'm in favor of this. Shit is funny.

Why is that a line that shouldn't be crossed? It is obviously a joke and the players know it really isn't really Buzz.

Nothing some random dude (hiding behind a fake name) tweets them will alter their feelings about their coach. If anything it will make them rally around their under-fire coach. Worst case scenario... they laugh at a parody of Buzz -- and if that is the case GUESS WHAT -- they were already laughing at him in private.

God, this country has gotten soft. "No, don't make fun of him! That's mean!!!!" Ugh. Vaginitas is contagious it seems.

People have tweeted real (confirmed) Man United players from a fake Sir Alex Ferguson twitter account. It's all in good fun.

That doesn't hurt our program at all.

And no, I am not behind that twitter account.

People have tweeted real (confirmed) Man United players from a fake Sir Alex Ferguson twitter account. It's all in good fun.

I am wrong. You have my blessing. Go forth and wreak havoc, anonymous internet warrior. Make sure our program is as big of a joke as 8-24 deserves. I think we're still overvalued. Time to fix that.

It's not me. I just think y'all getting your panties in a bunch about this is fucking ridiculous.

"OMG, they will think bad about Wake because some random person is mocking our struggling (miserable) coach on Twitter!"

Seriously? How is that even going thru your minds?

If it's "someone else," then I'll bite my tongue. We can't stop that. I just don't like one of our own fans giving us grief. Go cheer for UNC, you poop-crap-fan.

Nothing he has tweeted has really been very funny.

Is there a douchebag in this world bigger than deacvision7?

I'm sure it's the same person who is behind almost all of the stupid fucking parodies around here.

I'm with ph - this crosses the line. Rip him all you want on a message board that's for the fans (I know I have). Doing it publicly on Twitter, and involving players no less, is just in poor taste. Maybe some of us are wrong and it does no harm but there's a good chance it can. Weigh that against it just not even being funny and there's no upside whatsoever.

Not to mention shit like this just makes all of the misconceptions over on DS about this board look correct.

What happened to the "don't be a douchebag" rule?

I couldn't care less what people at DS thought about this board based on what somebody said on Twitter under an obvious parody account. How that has any bearing with this board, I do not know.

I'm sure it's the same person who is behind almost all of the stupid fucking parodies around here.

I'm with ph - this crosses the line. Rip him all you want on a message board that's for the fans (I know I have). Doing it publicly on Twitter, and involving players no less, is just in poor taste. Maybe some of us are wrong and it does no harm but there's a good chance it can. Weigh that against it just not even being funny and there's no upside whatsoever.

The best twitter parodies are heightened versions of the real person, but also make them have redeemable qualities.

FireRonZook.com is an example of fans crossing the line. If "CoachBzzzWFU" seems to be an over-exaggerated version of Bzzz but points out both the good and bad, it isn't the same.

Went out the window as soon as Moon became a mod.

Your incessant whining hurts the Internet. Stop.

And the don't be a dbag rule applies to this board. We can't apply it to Twitter any more than we could apply it to Gawker, your office, or ancient Egypt.

For the record, I'm not behind the fake Twitter handle, either. I just think that people that are obsessed with how we're perceived, rather than how we actually are, are clowns.

Last edited:
Back