• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

[Redacted] tells players he is gone?

19c35oidyf35igif.gif

I've been waiting for our boards to start using this gif. Perfect for coaching searches!

Meh....[Redacted] is gone, but if he's informed the players, I guarantee we'd be hearing about it first from places other than a Triangle talk radio personality.

I don't think you understand just how strong that morning show is. It is the strongest in the entire world. Just let that sink in for a minute or so.

I'll piggyback on KVegas and DV7 and reiterate my opinion that yea, the home losses to GT and FSU just seemed like the proverbial straw that the AD / BOT / sunshine supporters / etc. hadn't yet seen up close and personal before. PhDeac made the point a number of times last season: our athletic department and those that influence its decisions clearly have overvalued over home performance with respect to Jeff [Redacted]'s performance as head coach. It's easy to simply hand-wave away one road loss after another when at least the team is competitive at home and even capable of snaring an upset or two -- last year's Miami victory typifying the view.

But once that crap starts showing up right in their faces, they really have no choice but to see what we've all been seeing for years on ESPN3 (don't get me started on that). The FSU game wasn't just bad because we lost at home to a bubble team; it was how we lost that game, coupled with the fact that we had just been handled by an awful GT team that strolled in without a few of its top guys and lit up the Joel like it was nothing.

It's the same reason why the BC game was so devastating. I honestly don't believe even a win tonight would have any effect at this point; a coach coming off 3 historically awful years cannot lose home games to GT, FSU, and BC all in the same season and expect to be around for year 5. It's over.

Also, special thanks to BSD for trying to gain some clarity here:

Kevin Rust ‏@BallStateDeac 1h
You can't just drop that [Redacted] is gone and then not give us more, @WSMS620AM #BuzzOut @markthomas24 @mikemaniscalco

I'm looking forward to Bz sounding off in the press in the days and weeks following the end of his employment at WFU.

That won't happen. Not if he wants his buyout or a shot at another job anywhere.

Oh, and the Boeheim gif is hilarious.

we have great players who have given it all under the circumstances you must be a real POS to put that on the board

That won't happen. Not if he wants his buyout or a shot at another job anywhere.

Oh, and the Boeheim gif is hilarious.

Well, we all know how savvy Bz is when it comes to media relations.

I can guarantee you he spouts off about the fans, and about how bad our program was when he got here and how he had the monumental task of instilling culture among the godless heathens in our basketball program.

Back