• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

[Redacted] tells players he is gone?

It's stupid for him to quit with one game left.....yes. However, as long as the words "quit" and "[Redacted]" are used in a sentence, and properly so....I am 100% on board. Hell do it now, give ESPN something to discuss tonight other than the 17 3pters Duke hits tonight. Put Chill in the head chair for two games, plus ACC Tourney. Then quietly move him back up to the AD Dept at years end. End this shit show now!

prius_towing_dual_axle_trailer.jpg

Our players aren't great. They may be "great guys" (ala Jaybone really likes these guys) but they are not great basketball players. I don't think we should trash them, or that our new coach should cut all their scholarships, but you must realize we have to recruit better talent if we are to be successful in the ACC. That's just obvious.
My comment was in reference to "our players suck" comment totally uncalled for

I guarantee Bz will somehow screw up his resignation

It's stupid for him to quit with one game left.....yes. However, as long as the words "quit" and "[Redacted]" are used in a sentence, and properly so....I am 100% on board. Hell do it now, give ESPN something to discuss tonight other than the 17 3pters Duke hits tonight. Put Chill in the head chair for two games, plus ACC Tourney. Then quietly move him back up to the AD Dept at years end. End this shit show now!

Hell, let Travis coach for his senior night.

@Miami seemed like a fitting final stop for Ron Wellman's Culture Charade.

Following Bz's last trip to Miami:

"I was wrong,'' [Redacted] said. "It's something that I have never done before, and certainly something I would never do again.''

"I have no doubt that that will never happen again,'' Wellman said.

FORESHADOWING! Bz not going to Miami would actually be a fantastic coincidence given RW's propensity for publicly setting vague expectations for [Redacted]'s performance juxtaposed with his quote above.

Last edited:
If he is gone tomorrow, Wellman should name Childress interim coach and we can all pretend he's Shaka for the final two games. That's about as close to Shaka as we are going to come.

So what happens when Bzz leaves? Do we all go back to the scout board?

Quitting tomorrow could actually turn out favorably for Wake. It allows Wellman to shop for candidates before his NCAA selection duties really take over, it puts the whole world on notice an extra that our position is open and available, and there aren't enough games games left that whoever takes over as interim HC (most likely Battle) to drive away possible candidates with a long winning streak.

Should I have used "stink" instead?

I guess I'm also guilty of cutting our players down. For over a year I've posted that we did not have but 2 to 2and 1/2 ACC talented players and next year we won't have but 2 to 3(depending on Shelton) which means the other players are not that good. I guess you could use "stink" or "suck" as substitute adjectives for "not that good".

The departure of the maligned leader
Shall be hastened
By the hand of the devil
Cloaked in a rat's visage

If [Redacted] is viewed as a cancer, then removing that cancer ASAP might be the smartest course of action.

Unfortunately for y'all, this might be removing skin lesions while the liver is being eaten up with cells (AD). As a State fan, I hope you hire LaRue, but as a local with a little interest in Wake, you've been going through our Sendek years, and nobody deserves that.

Unfortunately for y'all, this might be removing skin lesions while the liver is being eaten up with cells (AD). As a State fan, I hope you hire LaRue, but as a local with a little interest in Wake, you've been going through our Sendek years, and nobody deserves that.

It's not even fucking close to the Sendek years. Fuck you.

Uh, no. Herb won games and made some tournaments. We've been going through your Les Robinson years, only far, far worse.

Back