• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

[Redacted] will be on the David Glenn show today

Fans aren't really even upset anymore. More like apathetic and biding their time until Bzzzz is gone.

Come on really? How do you read this board daily and think the fans of the WF program have any apathy in it at all? There are still plenty of pissed of angry people and they become more agitated at everything bzz does/doesn't do.

"I know the fans are upset, and that's good. That's passion. I'm sure a lot of the criticism towards me is negative, but that's ok, that shows passion."

- Jeff [Redacted]

but some of it is positive?

but some of it is positive?

Yeah, I was wondering about that. I suppose calm suggestions look better vs. vitriolic, hate-filled complaints. Sort of like 7-5, 1-2 looks pretty good vs 8-24, 1-16.

Yeah, I was wondering about that. I suppose calm suggestions look better vs. vitriolic, hate-filled complaints. Sort of like 7-5, 1-2 looks pretty good vs 8-24, 1-16.

i suppose.

public relations fail for 800 alex.

sock jokes will never die, just because they annoy the shit out a few people.

Come on really? How do you read this board daily and think the fans of the WF program have any apathy in it at all? There are still plenty of pissed of angry people and they become more agitated at everything bzz does/doesn't do.

Have you been to the Joel lately? The greater fan base is apathetic. It's pretty much beyond debate.

Have you been to the Joel lately? The greater fan base is apathetic. It's pretty much beyond debate.

I went to a few games over xmas break and have watched them on TV/IPad. I actually thought the crowd for the Yale game was as good as could be expected given no students and the bowl game was taking the hardcore fans. I'm sure it's dropped since the loss to Wofford and I certainly don't expect attendance to be good due to the team not winning. But if you see the constant Bzz/Wellman shitstorms on this board as apathy I really don't know what to tell you.

Kicked our butts when we ventured out there with Skip to play at Air Force

Lots of coaches have kicked [Redacted]'s butt, doesn't mean we should go out and hire them.

I went to a few games over xmas break and have watched them on TV/IPad. I actually thought the crowd for the Yale game was as good as could be expected given no students and the bowl game was taking the hardcore fans. I'm sure it's dropped since the loss to Wofford and I certainly don't expect attendance to be good due to the team not winning. But if you see the constant Bzz/Wellman shitstorms on this board as apathy I really don't know what to tell you.

The people on this board mostly aren't apathetic (but some certainly are...there's definitely been a dip off since football season, not what you would expect for Wake Forest), but we hardly represent the entire fan base.

This is just about as apathetic as I can get with Wake hoops. I laugh during games more than get upset. If you knew me, you would know that's really odd.

Granted, I'm really odd, but let's not focus on that for the moment.

This is what I got to say, for all you sock joke haters:

I will say this, I don't think anyone is surprised when we lose to ANYONE anymore ie Wofford, Stetson, etc.. There was a time when a loss to a school like that would be a real shock. That's where our program is right now unfortunately. Saturday hurt, but was I truly surprised? Nope.

There were losses in the past that truly stung and hurt where I was just speechless. Not anymore. I was very young at the time of the Staak years (little memories of it) so this is about as bad as I can remember Wake hoops being with last year and this year.

Last edited:
Back