• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

[Redacted] will be on the David Glenn show today

"I know the fans are upset, and that's good. That's passion. I'm sure a lot of the criticism towards me is negative, but that's ok, that shows passion."

- Jeff [Redacted]

Fans aren't really even upset anymore. More like apathetic and biding their time until Bzzzz is gone.

So when did [Redacted] ever have success?

Don't you know, his Air Force was ranked almost in the top 10 at one point during the season and he routed Wake Forest while he was there, I'm sure you've heard him mention it since he's brought that up maybe a few hundred times since he's been hired. :thumbsup: Also, his Colorado teams sucked less each year he was there and last year Colorado was actually decent and of course Bzzz gets credit for that too or was it because he wasn't there anymore....hmmmmmm???

This is AWFUL. I don't blame Bzz for the current mess. I do blame RW for hiring someone without a winning history who thinks 10-7, 1-2 "isn't bad."

If this isn't bad, then I don't want to be good. On this scale, I suspect Bzz would need to invent a new word to describe a Sweet 16 appearance, because all of the other "good" words would be used up between where we are now and just making the tourney.

I hope he realizes he has to change to save his job. He can't just tweak little things here and there, he needs dramatic overhaul to how he coaches. Doesn't really sound feasible tho for such an old guy.

What would you propose he change? There is no magic pill for the squad this year. The effort on Saturday was pathetic. But its been good on other days. We need experience and consistency and more talent. We need more size and rebounders and tougher basketball players. None of that is going to change over night by implementing some kind of new coaching philosophy.

I haven't seen any objectionable quotes posted here yet. He's basically said a) criticism is fair and good - it shows passion, b) we are optimistic about our future, and c) "we aren't that bad." Basically, he refuses to say on air that we suck.

What's wrong with any of that?

Fans aren't really even upset anymore. More like apathetic and biding their time until Bzzzz is gone.

That about sums up where I am. The sad thing is I was at Wake for 3 years of Staak and GDO's first year and only missed attending 1 home game, got up at 3:00am or whatever to get great seats. I don't even bother turning on the TV now. It's too depressing.

Did anyone notice that [Redacted] brought up his record at home w/ AFA when he was asked about being prepared for the hostile environment in Cameron?

My take on that one was that it's (usually) much easier to win at home than away and that he's coached in hostile environments before. He did equate playing at Kansas with going into Duke which I thought was fair.
That said, he still spoke much more about AF than I'd like.

I haven't seen any objectionable quotes posted here yet. He's basically said a) criticism is fair and good - it shows passion, b) we are optimistic about our future, and c) "we aren't that bad." Basically, he refuses to say on air that we suck.

What's wrong with any of that?

i don't see anything wrong w/ it, but why in God's name was he on-air? Get him on the radio after the VT win, not after this debacle. What the eff is wrong with our AD commo team?

Pretty much. This reminds me exactly of all of my friends that are Louisville fans and how they felt during the Kragthorpe era.

My take on that one was that it's (usually) much easier to win at home than away and that he's coached in hostile environments before. He did equate playing at Kansas with going into Duke which I thought was fair.
That said, he still spoke much more about AF than I'd like.

What the heck is he going to talk about??? I mean that little run of success he had at Air Force is all he has positive on his resume when it comes to college coaching. That is what Wellman hired for us, to replace a coach that probably needed to be gone, but still had a record far superior to whom he was replaced by. Wellman basically got us a guy who's only real positive at the college level was Air Force having a pretty good team for a couple of years while he was there. That's it folks, there's nothing else there, not a record of being the right hand man to a successful major division 1 coach, not a up and comer who showed the ability to win at every level he's been at. What Wellman was thinking I still don't think anybody knows. When he brought Jim Grobe here, you could look at Grobe's history under Fisher DeBerry who at Air Force had a history of having success without having great talent and you could look at Grobe's success at turning around a beyond horrible Ohio U. program again without great talent and you could see how Wellman thought he'd be a good fit for Wake Forest in football. What did Wellman see in him that thought this is the guy for Wake Forest in hoops and what did he see in this guy to think he's the guy to lead us against the juggernalt's in Durham and Chapel Hill and a program in Raleigh that is due to become good again??? I mean I would really like an answer to that by Wellman, we won't get it, but I'd like to hear it!!!!

This is AWFUL. I don't blame Bzz for the current mess. I do blame RW for hiring someone without a winning history who thinks 10-7, 1-2 "isn't bad."

I guess he thinks it isn't bad compared to last year? I really have no idea. He's horrible on the radio and just comes off poorly in interviews and press conferences. If he was winning games you could overlook it but he's just bad all around. I am glad he said he won't throw his players under the bus but then I thought "Didn't he say ask the players" when asked why they played so poorly on Saturday??

liveanddie, you are forgetting the few great things [Redacted] has given us: sock jokes, "You have a good night, buddy!", photoshop dumps, awesome ties, and this picture:

ncb_a_bzdelik01_300.jpg

liveanddie, you are forgetting the few great things [Redacted] has given us: sock jokes, "You have a good night, buddy!", photoshop dumps, awesome ties, and this picture:

ncb_a_bzdelik01_300.jpg

Well, Bzzz is the gift that keeps on giving the whole year.

This is a perfect illustration what a PR disaster this move has been. Normally you get positive press when your coach is on the airwaves. Here we have the host of the show blasting the coach and our administration.

The PR impact is negative.

Back