• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Redskins Name Change Thread

The only point I ever tried to make was that poll numbers involving this issue aren't the most accurate.

Your response has been "who cares if its accurate, it still doesn't matter."

I wasn't saying if you were able to poll every Native American that lives on tribal lands then the vote would be a landslide against the team name. But when your entire argument is that so few people care about it, pointing out that more could actually care than is being reported is a relevant fact.

But like I said, you (typically) aren't going to change your mind, regardless of how many people are offended.

And good look reaching out to the Native population to work on the "real issues" when its such a life-ender to change a potentially offensive NAME of a sports team. I'm sure they'll really trust that progress can be made.

You have reading comprehension problems - you should probably see someone about that.

Regardless of where you fall on this debate, you've got to respect the guy that manages to use "redskin", "injun", and "powwow" in his outrage about PC culture.

Also, Jesus Christ, bros, "redskin" is obviously a fucked up slur based on the color of someone's skin. It's not ok with Asian people or other non-white/black people (those colors are ok, obviously).

Also, Jesus Christ, bros, "redskin" is obviously a fucked up slur based on the color of someone's skin. It's not ok with Asian people or other non-white/black people (those colors are ok, obviously).

1. "Jesus Christ" is not a slur, and I am not using His name in vain. I was using "bro" pejoratively.
2. Here are some excellent, but declining, Christian slurs you should watch out for though (still not as offensive as disparaging someone for the color of their skin): Zounds! Gadzooks! Jeez! Egad! Jeepers Creepers! (Tristram Shandy's got a whole list of 'em)

1. "Jesus Christ" is not a slur, and I am not using His name in vain. I was using "bro" pejoratively.
2. Here are some excellent, but declining, Christian slurs you should watch out for though (still not as offensive as disparaging someone for the color of their skin): Zounds! Gadzooks! Jeez! Egad! Jeepers Creepers! (Tristram Shandy's got a whole list of 'em)

1. In attempting to critique others for using a disparaging term that some people find offensive, you used a disparaging term that some people find offensive. That being "bros.” :D

2. It is of course an example of using the name in vain.

3. Ultimately it is not my offense with which I am concerned, but his. Or, as you just as rightly put it, His. Fortunately, He is gracious.

Back