• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rejecting words and actions which perpetrate, support or encourage white supremacists

I used to be a field organizer for a campaign in Alabama, so making polling calls was part of the job. While the vast majority of people just didn't answer, presumably because of caller ID or them just not being home, I'd say about 50% of the ones who did were pretty compliant. I actually never encountered 1 person who did what 2&2 claims to do. Most either hung up after "Hi my name is X and I'm with the Democratic *click*" or they took the survey and gave what seemed like thoughtful answers. I did get a lot of "I vote for the person not the party" though, which I don't believe at all given Alabama's voting record.

I used to be a field organizer for a campaign in Alabama, so making polling calls was part of the job. While the vast majority of people just didn't answer, presumably because of caller ID or them just not being home, I'd say about 50% of the ones who did were pretty compliant. I actually never encountered 1 person who did what 2&2 claims to do. Most either hung up after "Hi my name is X and I'm with the Democratic *click*" or they took the survey and gave what seemed like thoughtful answers. I did get a lot of "I vote for the person not the party" though, which I don't believe at all given Alabama's voting record.

You have to put this in perspective. According to 2&2, 100% of the women who have worked for him and delivered a baby did not come back after maternity leave. Think about, new families don't need any money. It's logical that 100% of these women would all of a sudden depart.

You have to put this in perspective. According to 2&2, 100% of the women who have worked for him and delivered a baby did not come back after maternity leave. Think about, new families don't need any money. It's logical that 100% of these women would all of a sudden depart.

It's almost as if people who have shitty views on gender also have shitty views on race.

I guess here is as good as anywhere point out that 22% of Trump voters think it is possible for white supremacists and neo-Nazis to be "very fine people" and another 24% aren't sure. I mean holy shit. HALF!

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2017/PPP_Release_National_82317.pdf

The problem with questions like this is in how it is framed. Is it "possible" that there are some very fine people? Anything is possible. There may be some young kids who have been indoctrinated by their parents and have not been exposed to a better way. When you ask someone "Is it possible?", you will always get a certain number of people that will respond in the affirmative.

That is a very poorly phrased question if you are trying to figure out what people think.

The problem with questions like this is in how it is framed. Is it "possible" that there are some very fine people? Anything is possible. There may be some young kids who have been indoctrinated by their parents and have not been exposed to a better way. When you ask someone "Is it possible?", you will always get a certain number of people that will respond in the affirmative.

That is a very poorly phrased question if you are trying to figure out what people think.

There weren't little kids at the tiki torch march/vigil. There weren't little kids screaming "Sieg Heil", "Jews will not replace us", "Blood and Soil or "White Power". Anyone who does that is no way a good person.

Those question mirror many who for Trump. Anyone who who tries to justify the answers by saying "bad question" is trying to justify these groups.

knowell, your opinion of neo nazis would be best described as:

A- favorable
B - unfavorable
C - "bad actors on both sides"

any response other than A, B or C will be assumed to be "Favorable"

I agree you will always get people who will respond in the affirmative to the "is it possible" questions. And you will get people who misread or mishear the question, or aren't taking it seriously, etc. That could explain a few percentage points here and there. But this isn't a few percentage points. And the exact same questions were asked of the Hillary voters, and the numbers aren't even close.

knowell, your opinion of neo nazis would be best described as:

A- favorable
B - unfavorable
C - "bad actors on both sides"

any response other than A, B or C will be assumed to be "Favorable"

I am with the 99 percent. Unfavorable. I takes some serious bravery to take a stand like this.

ridiculous and outrageous political views - such as those of neo-Nazis - are due to ignorance, they may also be the result of character issues, but they are definitely due to ignorance, deliberate or not

ridiculous and outrageous political views - such as those of neo-Nazis - are due to ignorance, they may also be the result of character issues, but they are definitely due to ignorance, deliberate or not

Ignorance of what?

Meh, that is the pat answer. Many of them are just deplorable assholes who hate. Why can't we call a spade a spade?

There weren't little kids at the tiki torch march/vigil. There weren't little kids screaming "Sieg Heil", "Jews will not replace us", "Blood and Soil or "White Power". Anyone who does that is no way a good person.

Those question mirror many who for Trump. Anyone who who tries to justify the answers by saying "bad question" is trying to justify these groups.

The question did not reference the march at all. You are making a false equivalence.

Gorka is allegedly out!

Did Kelly get to him?

What I didn't know is his wife is still working in the WH.

Gorka is allegedly out!

Did Kelly get to him?

What I didn't know is his wife is still working in the WH.

I feel like I've heard six rumors of his imminent firing at six different times in this administration.

Back