• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rejecting words and actions which perpetrate, support or encourage white supremacists

I read a book about five years ago that made me give it up for a little over six months. I respect people who can stick to that habit; I could not.

I've been a veggie for 15 years with varying levels of commitment and success. For example, currently I eat shellfish (which are basically marine insects) but I haven't intentially eaten a terrestrial vertibrate in 5 years since I finished chemo.

Also, fuck Nazis.

I read a book about five years ago that made me give it up for a little over six months. I respect people who can stick to that habit; I could not.
I tried to do this with pork and I didnt have the will power.

I tried to do this with pork and I didnt have the will power.

Truth. I could give up beef, well, except for my annual trip to Austin. But I can't give up pig. Especially now that I've discovered a good way to do a shoulder in the oven. Which is also the reason I can't convert from atheism to Judaism or Islam. I think it was Jim Jefferies who said "you take away beer and bacon, and I'll fly a plane into fucking building".

I ground beef yesterday and made burgers. I can't imagine giving that up.

Truth. I could give up beef, well, except for my annual trip to Austin. But I can't give up pig. Especially now that I've discovered a good way to do a shoulder in the oven. Which is also the reason I can't convert from atheism to Judaism or Islam. I think it was Jim Jefferies who said "you take away beer and bacon, and I'll fly a plane into fucking building".

You can become Jewish. Most Jews don't keep Kosher. In fact, I don't of any Reform Jews that do.

What's more difficult in keeping Kosher is you can't have cheesesteaks or even a burger and a shake.

You can become Jewish. Most Jews don't keep Kosher. In fact, I don't of any Reform Jews that do.

What's more difficult in keeping Kosher is you can't have cheesesteaks or even a burger and a shake.

I know a lot of Jewish folks are that way, but I do have a friend here who won't eat pork or shellfish, and she's even not super religious. But no, I'm not going to join a religion solely on the basis that, even though their scripture forbids pork and crabs, they'll accept me even if I eat pork and crabs. Plus, I have no desire to be like Walter Sobchak and not drive a car on Saturdays unless it's an emergency. I golf on too many Saturdays.

There is always ground pork. When I make dumplings, I use a mixture of gound pork and ground shrimp. Mmmn.

For bugers? I like ground pork mixed with beef for italian dishes. I don't do veal though.

Tacos al pastor, carolina barbecue, and baked ham are my biggest pork vices. Otherwise I mainly eat chicken or turkey. I very rarely eat beef, 3 or 4 times a month maybe.

I think chicken, pork, and turkey are superior to beef in pretty much any dish, but I've never been a red meat type of guy.

For bugers? I like ground pork mixed with beef for italian dishes. I don't do veal though.

Yeah, if you're doing meatballs, it's good to mix beef and pork. And agree on veal - cruel and more expensive. When I make osso bucco, I use beef shanks and red win instead of veal and red wine.

I think chicken, pork, and turkey are superior to beef in pretty much any dish, but I've never been a red meat type of guy.

Go down to Texas and tell me that moist brisket ain't heavenly. But yeah, for everyday cooking, I don't do much beef other than the occasional london broil and very rarely osso bucco or short ribs.

Go down to Texas and tell me that moist brisket ain't heavenly. But yeah, for everyday cooking, I don't do much beef other than the occasional london broil and very rarely osso bucco or short ribs.

Well BBQ is obviously not included in that. And I don't need to go to Texas for brisket, we've got better in my backyard. KCBBQ for life, brother.

So I guess it's Five Flags now?
http://www.insidethemagic.net/2017/...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Since opening in 1961, Six Flags Over Texas has displayed the six flags of nations that ruled over the state at various times: Spain, France, Mexico, the Republic of Texas, the United States of America, and the Confederate States of America. Amid growing concern over Confederate symbols and statues in public spaces across the country, Six Flags has decided to only feature American flags in their parks.
The change also affects Six Flags Fiesta Texas and Six Flags Over Georgia, the only other Six Flags parks that featured the various flags.

To me, this was a legitimate case for flying the flag. It was about history. It wasn't about honoring the Confederacy, just an accurate depiction of the area's history. But I can see why they took it down.

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2017/...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

To me, this was a legitimate case for flying the flag. It was about history. It wasn't about honoring the Confederacy, just an accurate depiction of the area's history. But I can see why they took it down.

This is where I am as well. It also doesn't bother me to have confederate memorials, etc. at a place like Gettysburg, but would not want them honored in a pubic square. But am also open thoughts to the contrary.

My hometown (Pensacola, FL) bills itself as the City of Five Flags for the, you guessed it, five flags of the nation's it's been under -- Spanish, French, English, Confederate and US. There's a monument downtown that used to feature the stars and bars Confederate flag, but they changed it to the CSA nation flag a little while back and since then have replaced it with the Florida state flag. As you can imagine, people were upset, but there was no violence and maybe just light protests when these changes happened.

Y'all can't even face life without meat in your diets, how are you going to muster the fortitude to fight Nazis. We are so fucked.

Back