• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rejecting words and actions which perpetrate, support or encourage white supremacists

Hugh Hewitt on MSNBC a few minutes ago saying he doesn't think Trump is a racist or bigot--nor are most of his supporters. He says they are just "indifferent" to how they sound, or unaware of how what they say may be perceived or how it might affect others. Or negatively impact the Trump/Republican broader agenda.

Trump isn't a racist. He's an egotistical opportunist. People are tools.

He thinks he wins with the white supremacists. If he thought he'd do better with others, he'd drop the nazis like he did Flynn.

He thinks he wins with the white supremacists. If he thought he'd do better with others, he'd drop the nazis like he did Flynn.

yes but I kinda also think he's probably a racist

Yeah racist tendencies in the past, already believes he is smarter than anyone, has the best genes, one can easily make the logical leap that his better genes and intelligence belief stratifies by tiers, starting with race.

Trump hasn't even called Heather Heyer's mother. I believe this only time in at least the past fifty years a POTUS has been so callous as not to make this call. Trump is devoid of human empathy and class.

What call? A call to the parents of someone murdered? Did Obama make 762 calls to Chicago parents alone in 2016? There are plenty of legitimate things to criticize Trump about, stupid shit like this just causes people to tune out all the criticism.

I believe the POTUS should make a phone call when domestic terrorism is involved (WHY WON'T HE SAY THE WORDS DOMESTIC TERRORISM?!?!?!).

Obama met with the Sandy Hook parents, literally all of them, and also delivered the eulogy in Charleston for Clementa Pinckney after the Roof massacre. Trump can pick up a phone and make a phone call. At the end fo the day it doesn't really matter, as it changes nothing, but that's what you do when you are in his role.

It is probably down the list of things that he should be doing as POTUS, but as far as displaying empathy, he just doesn't know how.

I think he's a racist.

I think he's a racist.

I don't really know what he is.

I think he knows what he is doing, and he is certainly appealing to some shitty people because it's what his inner circle has told him (Bannon, Miller, Gorka) to do, and they are winning over Ivanka and Kelly.

That being said, I have no idea if he is actually racist. It wouldn't surprise me if he holds a lot of racist views because he just doesn't "know better" in the sense that he doesn't think they are racist.

I've said this for a few months now, but catering to racists to promote an agenda when you don't actually believe that mindset is way worse in my opinion than actually being racist, especially when you are the POTUS.

I think he'd likely prefer, as would his adult advisors, for him to speak out against the nazis regardless of his personal racial beliefs, but he has a certain liver spotted bug in his ear reminding him who his few remaining supporters are and to tread very lightly in condemning the nazis. The left already hates him, so no loss in inaccurately blaming them as well.

A lose/lose situation for our dear leader no matter how he responds to it, but that's the bed you've made when you're a total piece of shit with no redeeming qualities.

What call? A call to the parents of someone murdered? Did Obama make 762 calls to Chicago parents alone in 2016? There are plenty of legitimate things to criticize Trump about, stupid shit like this just causes people to tune out all the criticism.

EXACTLY. What is Trump even supposed to do? Just sit on the phone and listen to them cry? He too busy MAGAing all over the whiny libtards to have time for that crap.

The so-called “Unite The Right” rally organized by white nationalist Jason Kessler in Charlottesville, Virginia, has succeeded in drawing out a diversity of far-right groups ranging from white nationalists to armed “Patriot” groups.

What follows is a guide to some of the flags and symbols as spotted by Hatewatch analysts:

Palma said it was just a couple of dudes in Nazi stuff though. He also said that Nazis and White Supremacists have killed as many people "as a tree".

Trump is also morally bankrupt and cynically uses people, but you don't traffic in the racist ideas and strategies that he does and not be a racist.

I don't understand how someone can come to the conclusion that the President is not racist.

I don't understand how someone can come to the conclusion that the President is not racist.

Because unless you are talking about David Duke, some people have a vested interest in making sure no one is ever held to be racist.

I mean, the majority of folks on this thread have been really clear about their rejection of white supremacy. But there are a notable few who have been incapable of doing so. Mainly because they want to hold on to the idea that racism is just something claimed by minorities, instead of an actual problem.

White people love focusing on who is racist and who isn't. It's a good way to draw attention from the real issues while making themselves feel better about being so not racist.

Are there people out there propagating a system that denies equal opportunity to some in favor of others? OK. Let's stop them from doing that.

The scary thing for me is that I do think he is racist, but that doesn't even come close to being his worst attribute. I don't know if I have ever seen another public figure who I could say that about.

"Yeah, that guy is a racist, but it isn't all sunshine and roses....it gets worse.."

Palma said it was just a couple of dudes in Nazi stuff though. He also said that Nazis and White Supremacists have killed as many people "as a tree".

12 people died from a tree falling yesterday bro, this is not a politically correct take. You should be ashamed.

Back