• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rejecting words and actions which perpetrate, support or encourage white supremacists

My girlfriend is a pescatarian and it's not that hard of a change to implement into your life quite frankly. I eat meat maybe once a week and otherwise just eat whatever she is eating/I cook to her diet.

There are a ton of recipes and substitutes that work well.

I think chicken, pork, and turkey are superior to beef in pretty much any dish, but I've never been a red meat type of guy.

Ummm... take that trash to the unpopular opinions thread.

Not including pork, pig might just be the most delicious of all the animals. Baby sheep and cows might give them a run for their money though.

My girlfriend is a pescatarian and it's not that hard of a change to implement into your life quite frankly. I eat meat maybe once a week and otherwise just eat whatever she is eating/I cook to her diet.

There are a ton of recipes and substitutes that work well.

Fish is great. There is plenty of variety and all types are versatile. The only challenge is getting used to cooking it regularly and dealing with the smell if it bothers you.

Fish is great. There is plenty of variety and all types are versatile. The only challenge is getting used to cooking it regularly and dealing with the smell if it bothers you.

Sorry, but if your an environmentalist, I guess eating fish is better than cow, but so many fish stocks are over fished and poorly managed and so many farmed fishes are are terrible for the environment, the aquaculture impacts are generally more localized than cattle production but it is still not good. Also, fuck Nazis.

I would assume someone considering environmental reasons for only eating fish would stay away from farmed crap like tilapia and Atlantic salmon.

I would assume someone considering environmental reasons for only eating fish would stay away from farmed crap like tilapia and Atlantic salmon.

You could assume that.

I'd assume the President of the United States would have no problem saying Fuck Nazis, but it appears he does.

Unfortunately, people just assume that if it isn't farm raised, it is fine. In reality there are a multitude of other factors that go into whether a species of fish is sustainable. The Seafood Watch app is a good start but retailers/restaurants in the US are deceptive as fuck when it comes to correctly labeling fish.

That's definitely true. Consumers have limited options for addressing that.

Everytime I eat seafood I think to myself I could be a pescatarian. The only problem is I don't know the first thing about cooking it. I juat love eating it.

Everytime I eat seafood I think to myself I could be a pescatarian. The only problem is I don't know the first thing about cooking it. I juat love eating it.

Thus the dilemma. If I had a personal food buyer and chef, I think I could pull it off for at least 6 months.

Cooking fish is easy. Buying is easy once you know where to look. We live in coastal States. There is a company (local) that runs (also local) fish from wanchese to Raleigh every week. But everyone that has ever driven downtown knows how to get to Earp's.
Try steaming seafood in the oven in a packet of parchment paper with cooked rice, olives and sundries tomatoes. 25 min at 375.

I was at the KC rally on Sunday.

Right at the time speakers were starting, this group showed up at an elevated position observing the rally:

2rnyknq.png

I might have been a bit paranoid, but I made us move so that our backs weren't to them. They were members of a group called the Three Percenters, or III%ers. Someone filmed cell phone video approaching the group. 1 man was speaking with a KCPD police officer through a car window, another man, when asked who invited them, said the KCPD invited them. KCPD of course denies that they were invited. While it feels a little tin foil-y to believe they were invited by KCPD, it also seems a bit naive to think it is out of the realm of possibility.

Regardless of whether KCPD did invite them, they were very clearly there as an intimidation tactic.

The original plan was to march to the confederate monument, but I believe that was cancelled because the monument was boarded up and a decision was made to remove it before the rally started. A couple nights before, it was tagged with hammers and sickles.

hard tot ell how many of these militia groups overlap with white nationalists and/or white supremacists but this is alarming:

In April 2013, a group of Jersey City police officers were disciplined for wearing patches reading "ONE OF THE 3%."[14][15]

The original plan was to march to the confederate monument, but I believe that was cancelled because the monument was boarded up and a decision was made to remove it before the rally started. A couple nights before, it was tagged with hammers and sickles.

That'll show 'em. Communism, baby. Fuck yeah!

Not sure of your argument. White supremacy is always connected with white supremacy.

Back