• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Remember when a game like that would = total meltdown?

I thanked my State buddy on Facebook for doing their part to get Bz fired, and hoped that their efforts would not be in vain. He did not know how to respond - I think it actually made him uncomfortable.

I took two dumps. Exactly one less than Bzzzz did on the sideline tonight

I hung in until halftime then went to the Olympics. I saw enough in the short time I was watching to tell me everything I needed to know.

Didn't watch a minute of the game. Watched Olympic reruns and checked the score twice.

Fuck you, [Redacted].

At work, we did a short speaking exercise where we had to draw an amount of money and a mode of transportation and talk for a minute about what our dream vacation would be.

I drew $10 and motorcycle. I said that I could get to Winston-Salem on $10 of gas and I'd sit outside Ron Wellman's house and rev the engine at all hours of the night to express my displeasure of the state of Wake Forest athletics.

I then went into a mini-rant about how Wake sports was so bad my favorite Mexican restaurant closed.

I used to break things in the Randolph/Duncan years... I used to throw things in the Chris Paul years (think Illinois)... now I think about reading a golf self help book an calling it a night.

At work, we did a short speaking exercise where we had to draw an amount of money and a mode of transportation and talk for a minute about what our dream vacation would be.

I drew $10 and motorcycle. I said that I could get to Winston-Salem on $10 of gas and I'd sit outside Ron Wellman's house and rev the engine at all hours of the night to express my displeasure of the state of Wake Forest athletics.

I then went into a mini-rant about how Wake sports was so bad my favorite Mexican restaurant closed.

El dorado?

r

Much bigger upset tonight. This guy got robbed!

I watched the first half, then went to the Y. Mainly, I watched the first half in the hopes that State would lose (something that brings me joy) almost as much as the prospect of Wake winning (the basketball equivalent of penny stock investing).

I watched figure skating instead of basketball. Thanks Ron.

I hope there was a lot of on screen analysis by a scantily clad Tara Lipinski.

I watched almost all the game. Didn't care either way. And it used to hurt bad losing to State. Worse than losing to Dick or UNC because Dick and UNC were usually favored but we were supposed to beat State. But yeah, I felt nothing but morbid curiosity.

I actually painted two ceilings during the game. Even between coats, I just kinda sat there literally watching paint dry instead of watching the ball game.

We're at the point where we really owe an apology to teams like State whose players and fans used to get excited for a good, Tobacco Road rivalry game and instead they get that. A 2-29 on the road team which isn't even good enough to get opposing fans excited about anything. It's like watching a scrimmage. It may be the first era in a long time when the tired old Tar Heel mantra of "we don't care about playing Wake" is actually, finally true.

We're at the point where we really owe an apology to teams like State whose players and fans used to get excited for a good, Tobacco Road rivalry game and instead they get that. A 2-29 on the road team which isn't even good enough to get opposing fans excited about anything. It's like watching a scrimmage. It may be the first era in a long time when the tired old Tar Heel mantra of "we don't care about playing Wake" is actually, finally true.
Agree with you. NCSU fans were on Twitter last night complaining about WF being a NCSU rival and that the school wasted their rally towels on a meaningless team like WF. I understand the allure of UNC and Duke, but for an instate rival to think of WF as meaningless tells a lot about our current situation.

Back