• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rep colors

I instantly regret clearing my cache and getting the new colors. #teamgreen

Yeah. I imagine anybody who hasn't seen this thread has actually seen the new colors.

lolz i thought the deacon was waving a sword and carrying a shield for a second there

I still think the Deacon on this website banner looks like he is waving around a toilet plunger. I always wonder if I'm just missing some sort of inside joke about that picture.

I still think the Deacon on this website banner looks like he is waving around a toilet plunger. I always wonder if I'm just missing some sort of inside joke about that picture.

It only looks that way because he is doing that.

this should help lalark

http://oldgoldandblack.com/?p=10395

Over the years, the unique look of this devilish holy man has been accompanied by some pretty strange antics. First was the plunger-twirling Bill Sheppard in the late 1950s, who always rallied the crowd from atop the goal posts.

In the past the Deacon of a Baptist Church (being the highest ranking layman) would also double as something of a janitor/handyman for the church. His duties included plunging toilets.

Back