• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rep Neugebauer (R-TX) Votes to Shut Down Gov't, Chews Out Park Ranger

HeavyPetter

Carnal Decadence
Reaction score
You can't make this stuff up. There's got to be at least a 98% chance this moron will be re-elected.

lol, he's the "baby killer!" guy, according to wikipedia. what a donk.

I'm glad people stood up to that cowardly dipshit

What an ass. She is doing her job and is hamstrung by the fact that there are furloughs. Not her fault at all. Congress and the President's fault completely.

Good for her for saying she wasn't ashamed for doing her job. A job he and his fellow blowhards and knuckleheads has made "difficult".

just saw this video on facebook. what planet are these guys on? un-fucking-believable

can anyone out there defend this? i'm a registered republican (barely) and this whole shitshow is absurd.

here's another reason why i hate the republican party now.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business...d-about-the-government-shutdown-today/280174/

"You've heard about the Pandacam, the closed monuments and national parks, and the furloughed federal workers. But so far, nothing I've read about the government shutdown has been nearly as gut-wrenching as this tidbit from The Wall Street Journal:

At the National Institutes of Health, nearly three-quarters of the staff was furloughed. One result: director Francis Collins said about 200 patients who otherwise would be admitted to the NIH Clinical Center into clinical trials each week will be turned away. This includes about 30 children, most of them cancer patients, he said.

House Republicans have failed to stop Obamacare from going into effect so far, but sadly and ironically, their actions have prevented hundreds of people from getting healthcare from just one clinic.

Update, October 2, 2013: As part of the Republican effort to fund selected pieces of the government through individual appropriations, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor has proposed a bill that would restore the NIH budget. Democrats, however, have rejected it. Should they? I weigh in here."

Being a Republican right now has to be roughly equivalent to being a Wake Forest fan.

Being a Republican right now has to be roughly equivalent to being a Wake Forest fan.

That brings up an interesting would you rather...

Would you rather have Republican House members continue with their current jobs or replace them with 232 clones of Buzz and Lobo?

I think I might honestly go with Buzz and Lobo.

Last edited:
That brings up an interesting would you rather...

Would you rather have Republican House members continue with their current jobs or replace them with 232 clones of Buzz and Lobo?

I think I might honestly go with Buzz and Lobo.

230 clones. The real Buzz and Lobo have to go to DC as well.

What an ass. She is doing her job and is hamstrung by the fact that there are furloughs. Not her fault at all. Congress and the President's fault completely.

Obama has NOTHING to do with this. He agreed to cut the sequester budget.

He said "YES" to the CR request by the GOP. They wouldn't take "Yes" for an answer.

All EVERY Dem should say until the government is opened up i, "why won't the Republicans take "yes" for an answer. We agreed with THEIR budget."

It occurs to me that Bzz would probably be a better Congressman than basketball coach. At least I hope so.

Exactly. People vote these idiots in because they hate government and want to see government fail. They have a constituency.

It's getting harder and harder to see these people in a human light.

Texas Rep. Randy Neugebauer Finds Park Ranger Responsible For Shutdown, Gives Her What For
Read more at http://wonkette.com/530636/texas-rep-randy-neugebauer-finds-park-ranger-responsible-for-shutdown-gives-her-what-for#XEoLdwuIdgV6J5V3.99

Quote:
----------
...You’d think that Neugebauer would be praised for his generosity in giving her a piece of his mind that he obviously cannot spare, but his patriotic stand for arglebargle has been widely mocked for some reason. His chief mistake seems to have been blaming an individual Park Ranger, since other Republicans have been far more successful in blaming the executive branch for shutting down parks and memorials that Congress hasn’t funded.

Neugebauer’s attempt to pin the blame for his party’s shutdown was accompanied by a small American flag in his suit pocket, which you’d think would free him from any criticism...
----------

The comments following the story are pretty funny. I was unfamiliar with this one...

Quote:
----------
Koch is a hell of a drug.
----------

If it had been a 6'5" male ranger guarding there, no fucking way would the Rep. have popped off like that. He wanted to find somebody he could bully and tower over.

Back