• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rep Neugebauer (R-TX) Votes to Shut Down Gov't, Chews Out Park Ranger

Yeah RJ, you keep telling yourself that Obama's drone attacks are completely justified and innocent. Killing dozens of people in foreign countries isn't war if you do it with a video game.

Saying Drone strikes make anyone a "war mongerer" is ludicrous.

Doesn't ending the Iraq War count?

Doesn't ending the longest war in US history count?

It would be great if the people covering to AQ leaders would turn them over, but they won't. Would you rather have all those AQ leaders still alive and plotting actions against ted US and our allies?

That's the choice you are making.

Calling Obama a "war mongerer" is disproven by facts if you are being logical.

The agreement to pull US troops from Iraq was made during the Bush administration. But let's get to the so-called "shutdown" and its effect on spending.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/wheres-sense-of-crisis-in-a-17-government-shutdown/article/2536862

I asked a Republican source on the Senate Budget Committee for an estimate. This was the answer: "Based on estimates drawn from CBO and OMB data, 83 percent of government operations will continue. This figure assumes that the government pays amounts due on appropriations obligated before the shutdown ($512 billion), spends $225 billion on exempted military and civilian personnel, pays entitlement benefits for those found eligible before the shutdown (about $2 trillion), and pays interest costs when due ($237 billion). This is about 83 percent of projected 2014 spending of $3.6 trillion."

I learned today that there are a lot of Klansmen in Wisconsin.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/scott...al-order-to-close-state-parks/article/2536844

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker has officially rebuffed a request from National Park Service to close several state park sites. In rejecting the order, Walker explained that the Badger State, not the feds, provides the majority of the parks' funding so there is no need for a closure.

The feds ordered Wisconsin officials to close the northern unit of the Kettle Moraine, Devil's Lake, and Interstate state parks and the state-owned portion of the Horicon Marsh, the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reported.

The state Department of Natural Resources not only ignored the orders but also removed a barricade federal officials had put before a Mississippi boat launch.

The DNR officials said their counterparts at the National Park Service could not close the launch because the state had the authority to operate it under a 1961 agreement with the federal government.

I see that you fall in the 'nonessential, why have them in the first place' crowd. The Washington Examiner is about as good as The Blaze.

Correct. Is this a bigger deal than the 800,000 people without pay during this time?

Yes, as I have a trip to Blowing Rock planned in a couple of weeks and my wife will probably have to go to the bathroom before we make it to Mass General Store in Valle Crucis. Was also planning to get the kids park passports stamped at the Ranger office.

Yes, as I have a trip to Blowing Rock planned in a couple of weeks and my wife will probably have to go to the bathroom before we make it to Mass General Store in Valle Crucis. Was also planning to get the kids park passports stamped at the Ranger office.

OHMYGOD.gif

It all really sucks. Just vote on the god damned bill, Boener.

The guy who wrote the article quoting an anonymous ranger as saying he was ordered to make it as difficult as possible has a history of manufacturing quotes for stories. He was fired from a previous job because of it.

Back