• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Report: Kavanaugh won’t commit to recusal from Trump/Mueller related matters

And you and the lot are willing to compromise anything to avoid one.

Like what? Democrats are treating Kavanaugh the same way they're treating Democrats accused of sexual assault. What's the compromise?

I don't care if you call yourself a Trump supporter or not, point still stands. If 14 more accusers came forward on Kavanaugh, that wouldn't be enough.

And you and the lot are willing to compromise anything to avoid one.

What are democrats compromising on this situation? Is it time to go back to Bork? What liberal justice was nominated in Bork’s place? I know which conservative justice took Garland’s opportunity.

Sorry for reporting fake news. Glad Grassley is letting them ask questions.

Of course you won’t read it. Pretty good piece of statesmanship. He has given Mrs Ford 4 different options for public and private scenarios. She can appear in public in front of the full chamber in public. She can appear privately in full chamber. She can appear before a select group both public or private with only elected members and no press. People have bent over backwards for a person who has made a charge yet is unable to remember key parts of her story - the when, the where and the who.

Grassley has even offered to have the committee flown to California to do the interview there if that is most comfortable for her.

Unfortunately her Clinton surrogate lawyer has about the same level of integrity as Gloria Allred. She shows a willful contempt for any offer and before she has even heard it.

For the record, were he a liberal democrat, I would never ever vote for DJT for SCOTUS seats.

Of course, you dumbass.

Real life you fucking basement dweller—
This is what it looks like:

Hatch: “Judge, do you have any idea or any memory of an event with Mrs Ford?”

Kavenaugh: “Senator, I don’t. I don’t know who Mrs. Ford is referring to but I assure you it was not me”

Hatch: “How do you account for the fact she has claimed that it was you?”

Kavenaugh :”I don’t know, Senator. I have no recollection of her at all. I suppose it is possible she has me confused with someone else”

... that’s how the real world works — not a world where the accuser first comes up with a name in 2012 some 3 decades after an alleged incident at a place and time she is also unable to remember.

Really, this appointment should be made by the next president.

How about you ask for my view if this were to happen instead of telling me what it is?

I already know because you don't have a problem with Trump based on his multiple accusers because he's getting you the SCOTUS you want.

For the record, were he a liberal democrat, I would never ever vote for DJT for SCOTUS seats.

That's because Democrats are not the party of socio-cultural wars. We don't throw the baby out with the bath water to keep Roe v. Wade the law of the land.

This issue is over. Roy Moore believes Kavanaugh. If anyone should know the tells of someone who sexually assaults teenage girls, it's Roy Moore.

Try again. Ph is broken.

Hint: This is the point where you explain what I got wrong instead of taking shots at me. That is if you could defend your position.

Pub leaders have more than tipped their hands. Before hearing from Dr. Ford, before any investigation. They don’t believe her or it doesn’t matter.

So yeah, the interview or hearing is just a show. In which the Pubs are such cowards they want to only participate as spectators.

This issue is over. Roy Moore believes Kavanaugh. If anyone should know the tells of someone who sexually assaults teenage girls, it's Roy Moore.

Serial rapists and pedophiles Bill Clinton and Jeff Epstein say hello..along with your Jacobin Pope

Pub leaders have more than tipped their hands. Before hearing from Dr. Ford, before any investigation. They don’t believe her or it doesn’t matter.

So yeah, the interview or hearing is just a show. In which the Pubs are such cowards they want to only participate as spectators.

Stfu Connor.. that’s purely ridiculous as even your lapsing memory hole in this recent episode ought remember Chuck Schumer’s words upon Kavenaugh’s nomination:

“WE DONT NEED TO SEE ANY MORE INFORMATION ON KAVNAUGH.THE VOTE IS NO”

Show a smidge of honesty,eh

Unlike Lectro, who as per usual is open minded and careful to assess evidence as it develops.

Serial rapists and pedophiles Bill Clinton and Jeff Epstein say hello..along with your Jacobin Pope

Guys, a Democrat may have raped someone once and gotten away with it, all your wives and daughters are fair game now. Get your guns NOW.

Yes. He was asked about the “program,” not the concept.

I have no idea.

In his written responses in 2006, Kavanaugh added: “I did not learn of the existence of this program until after a New York Times story about it appeared on the Internet late on the night of Thursday, December 15, 2005. I had no involvement in meetings, briefings, or other discussions in shaping the program or the legal justification for the program.”

In an email sent to John Yoo in the days after the 9/11 terrorist attacks, Kavanaugh asked about the legal implications of warrantless surveillance considering privacy rights under the Fourth Amendment. Yoo was then head of the Office of Legal Policy in the Justice Department.

“Any results yet on the 4A implications of random/constant surveillance of phone and e-mail conversations of non-citizens who are in the United States when the purpose of the surveillance is to prevent terrorist/criminal violence?” Kavanaugh wrote on Sept. 17, 2001.

The bold is a false statement based on the email that has been released. Do you think Kavanaugh knew that statement was false when he wrote it.

Do you think that based on his position in the Bush Administration Kavanaugh did not learn about the surveillance program until it was made public by the Times?

Do you think the Judiciary Committee should be able to review all of Kavanaugh’s emails and work product from his time in the White House to determine if he was truthful with the committee?

Back