• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republican Voter Suppression Efforts

When you vote an African American and a Jewish American into office in Georgia you better believe that won't tolerate it.

Well, I guess we'll find out in 2022 if the GA GOP was successful in eliminating enough Democratic voters that they can return to winning statewide elections. Given how close the presidential election and the 2 Senate races were it just might be enough. And if it isn't, I'm sure they'll think up some more restrictions they can throw in. Conservatives can be very creative and resourceful when it comes to such things.

Why bother trying to understand and govern effectively when you can just cheat your way to the only things that matters...your empowerment and the disempowerment of “them”.

Can anyone really question whether these are just purely evil, racist people? I mean, we know Anus and Sailor and Junebug are purely evil and racist, but what about the borderliners like Pops and Whatamount? Can they defend this in any way? How do you defend making it a crime to give people waiting in line water, when you are also the reason for the long lines (for black people)?

Fuck all of them forever.

Can anyone really question whether these are just purely evil, racist people? I mean, we know Anus and Sailor and Junebug are purely evil and racist, but what about the borderliners like Pops and Whatamount? Can they defend this in any way? How do you defend making it a crime to give people waiting in line water, when you are also the reason for the long lines (for black people)?

This. I was so happy and proud in November and January, and statewide, Georgia will continue to be a swing state, even with these voter suppression laws, but the gerrymandered state legislature will stay in Republican hands for the foreseeable future and we are just going to have to deal with more and more of this shit each year.

Republicans are such wieners. Anyone who voted for a single Republican between 2016-20 is awful.

At this point, anybody voting for Republicans are in on the scam or being scammed. There's no way anyone can legitimately believe that handing water to someone waiting in line leads to election fraud.

If these laws don't work and they continue to lose elections, I fully expect GA Republicans (and in other states) to enact a second series of increasingly restrictive voting laws. Maybe they'll reinstate the poll tax, require voters to pass a test in which they must identify the five latest talking points on Carlson or Hannity, or maybe they'll just get it over with and pass a law declaring that registered Democrats can't vote.

On a serious note, the disturbing thing here is that as ridiculous and outrageous as many of these laws are, they likely won't be overturned in the courts, not with all the new Trump appointees and a 6-3 majority on the Supremes. Hell, supporting voting restrictions is one of the main reasons why they're sitting on the Court.

Counterpoint: if you give someone in line water, they have to get out of line to pee and they might not come back, or you can arrest them if they whip it out and pee on the side of the building.

Thank goodness someone was able to record that bullshit arrest.

White GA Republicans are scared shitless, and they should be. Their stranglehold on power is waning fast.

Kemp and Co were adamant that GA's election was clean and above board, but this law he just signed is designed to protect them from the fraud they insisted didn't happen

Surely the perpetual outrage crew on the Tunnels has actually read the text of the bill, right?

Because it would be embarrassing if the Tunnels' big brains fell hook, line and sinker for the click bait which just happens to support the narrative. Again.

You are just another court eunuch wannabe of the Biden administration, with worthless opinions to match.

Surely the perpetual outrage crew on the Tunnels has actually read the text of the bill, right?

Because it would be embarrassing if the Tunnels' big brains fell hook, line and sinker for the click bait which just happens to support the narrative. Again.

But that is what the bill says, it says it is illegal to give an elector food or drink. Notice the separate clauses in the text of the bill; there are distinct prohibitions on soliciting votes in any manner, distributing campaign materials, as well as giving or offering to give anything to an elector. The text does not specify that giving food or drink must be in relation to soliciting votes.

Back