• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republican Voter Suppression Efforts

Love how these right wing anti-maskers are saying my body my choice.

Does this mean they are no longer pro life?

I see this statement a lot, but for most pro-life folks, it’s not an inconsistency as they view a fetus as a separate entity, not part of a woman’s body.

I think that they are advocating for behaviors that lead to more death means they aren’t actually pro-life.

They're "pro me." Whatever they want in the moment is consistent with whatever they are saying they believe in.

I see this statement a lot, but for most pro-life folks, it’s not an inconsistency as they view a fetus as a separate entity, not part of a woman’s body.

I think that they are advocating for behaviors that lead to more death means they aren’t actually pro-life.

They are anti-abortion more than pro-life, generally.

Ron Johnson knows better.

Lol he’s getting frustrated with her inability to listen to reality and to apply some basic critical thinking skills. Imagine that.

He only has the constant drumbeat of lies (media and elected sources) to blame for rank and file republicans disconnect from reality.

In her heart of hearts, she knows. Numbers don't mean anything.

And that heart is free of worms.

Ron Johnson knows better.

Good find. I think these split ticket R voters are the reason Trump will not win another election. I don't see them voting any differently in another election as long as the Dem is centrist. I think the anti-Hilary sentiment is the only reason Trump won in the first place - she was the only person he could beat. The Dems could govern for a long time as long as Trump is alive.

Lol. Republicans are going to be in solid control beginning in 2022. Extreme gerrymandering, voter suppression, and "fraudulent" elections will usher in our Republican dictatorship.

Good find. I think these split ticket R voters are the reason Trump will not win another election. I don't see them voting any differently in another election as long as the Dem is centrist. I think the anti-Hilary sentiment is the only reason Trump won in the first place - she was the only person he could beat. The Dems could govern for a long time as long as Trump is alive.

Watch how quickly those split ticket Republican voters are back in the fold when Trump isn't the candidate and Republicans get 4 years to hammer on Biden for any actual or perceived misstep.

Lol. Republicans are going to be in solid control beginning in 2022. Extreme gerrymandering, voter suppression, and "fraudulent" elections will usher in our Republican dictatorship.

Ah yes. The two types of election results: the ones that Dems win (and MUST be respected) and the ones that Republicans cheated in.

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

I agree. Perhaps you could add to your menu of potential outcomes for elections by opening your eyes to another possible explanation for outcomes you don't like.

I agree. Perhaps you could add to your menu of potential outcomes for elections by opening your eyes to another possible explanation for outcomes you don't like.

This is a post from a Republican. Most of his party’s members of the House and Senate voted against accepting the results of the last presidential election. Most of his party doesn’t believe Biden won. Most Republican-led state legislatures are passing laws to make it harder to vote.

This is a post from a Republican. Most of his party’s members of the House and Senate voted against accepting the results of the last presidential election. Most of his party doesn’t believe Biden won. Most Republican-led state legislatures are passing laws to make it harder to vote.

Are you aware that your party launched a four year temper tantrum about alleged collusion and foreign interference in the previous election?

Are you aware that your party launched a four year temper tantrum about alleged collusion and foreign interference in the previous election?

Without even arguing about the truthiness of your post, what’s that have to do with ph’s post? You’re not bosiding the Jan 6th votes are you? And the continued fanning of the flames about a fraudulent election?

Without even arguing about the truthiness of your post, what’s that have to do with ph’s post? You’re not bosiding the Jan 6th votes are you? And the continued fanning of the flames about a fraudulent election?

I'm not going to flatter myself to think that you'd study my posts on the subject. It would be a waste of your time (but apparently not Townie's), so I will save you the trouble: I am not a trump voter. I'm confident the Election produced the outcome desired by the voters as our system operates in both 2016 and 2020. I'm amused by people who aren't capable of making that statement.

Yeah, he's bosiding Jan 6.

He's not a Trump voter and he accepts the results of the 2020 election, but he sides with people who do support Trump and don't accept the results of the 2020 election.

Yeah, he's bosiding Jan 6.

He's not a Trump voter and he accepts the results of the 2020 election, but he sides with people who do support Trump and don't accept the results of the 2020 election.

This is neither factual nor persuasive but I guess you felt you just had to reply. You should resist that feeling in the future.

Back