• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans for POTUS, 2016 Edition

"Watching both debates, it is obvious that Trump, Cruz, Carson and Fiorina were the most interesting people on the stage. The rest of the candidates were political pod people, repeating anodyne talking points that had been focus-grouped to within an inch of their lives. One would be very hard-pressed to match the text of an answer to the candidate who said it."

Snoop Dog is interesting, Charlie Sheen is interesting, Demarcus Cousins is interesting...is that the new standard? The Presidency is an interesting contest? Welcome aboard Mrs. Lohan, the blow is down the hall.

I think you'd be hard pressed to match the answer to everyone on that stage. Negative, repeal everything, obstruct everything, don't do everything, Hillary/Obama suck at life...I'm not sure I heard one original idea or a substantive solution to anything. I also expect the same from the Democrats' debates.

I honestly can't think of any candidate on either side that I would go out of my way to vote for without needing a bath with bleach.

Last edited:
Bernie is going to trot out ideas. That's a given.

This article from Breitbart on the NBC/Survey Monkey poll is great stuff.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...op-outsiders-surge-in-first-post-debate-poll/

That second quote isn't even close to correct, but I suspect that's a minor detail to those who aren't honest observers. If you can't tell Rand Paul's points from Jeb Bush's points, you're not a very informed observer of political events. I know it's the last thing most here would admit, but the ideological range between Paul, Jeb, Rubio and Christie is there. To saddle the Pubs with "the focused-grouped to within an inch of their lives" in an election that features Hillary Clinton is as dishonest as I've come to expect.

You realize that's from Breitbart, right?

You realize that's from Breitbart, right?

Once in a great while, conservatives get something wrong. It doesn't happen much, I'll grant you, but when it happens I'm happy to point it out.

They're echoing the same tired tripe you guys get spoonfed and come regurgitate here. It's familiar, cliché, and inaccurate.

eta: Nobody on the left talks about Kasich. Doesn't fit the narrative.

Can you imagine Rand Paul (an intelligent person who speaks with conviction, even when it is unpopular) debating a polling-group canvas that is Clinton? Just imagine if Candy Crowley could get her sausage fingers out of the pickle jar long enough to ask about the Iraq War Hillary voted for because it was popular at the time. Paul would bludgeon her.

Last edited:
Christie blatantly lied during the debate. He claimed he was appointed a US Attorney on September 10, 2001 and strongly implied he was immediately involved in the 9/11 investigations. Christie wasn't nominated until December and was confirmed and assumed office in January. Barely made it into the debates, crappy approval ratings in NJ, and now this.

Sniper fire on the tarmac and sub-three hour marathons are signs of weakness and insecurity, but a tri-state official deliberately misrepresenting his role in 9/11 is shocking. Maybe Brian Williams can become his Press Secretary.

Apparently he was actually first asked by GWB on Sept. 10, although the nomination wasn't formally processed until later. There was an article in a New Jersey paper on Sept. 11 about his nomination

Apparently he was actually first asked by GWB on Sept. 10, although the nomination wasn't formally processed until later. There was an article in a New Jersey paper on Sept. 11 about his nomination

Yeah. But he wasn't prosecuting terrorists on 9/11. I look forward to Rand bringing this up next debate.

One of my closest friends likes Trump and Carson. It doesn't matter how many of these quotes I trot out, she likes that they speak their minds even if she doesn't agree with everything they say.

And otherwise my friend, though she's a conservative, is a super nice person. It's just a reminder to me that a huge chunk of people in this country, even people you might not expect, are on-board with the Trump strategy.

The Carson love is amazing. He had a horrible debate. He's said nothing of consequence, yet people follow him blindly.

The Carson love is amazing. He had a horrible debate. He's said nothing of consequence, yet people follow him blindly.

The first part is untrue, and the second is...familiar.

Once in a great while, conservatives get something wrong. It doesn't happen much, I'll grant you, but when it happens I'm happy to point it out.

They're echoing the same tired tripe you guys get spoonfed and come regurgitate here. It's familiar, cliché, and inaccurate.

eta: Nobody on the left talks about Kasich. Doesn't fit the narrative.

Can you imagine Rand Paul (an intelligent person who speaks with conviction, even when it is unpopular) debating a polling-group canvas that is Clinton? Just imagine if Candy Crowley could get her sausage fingers out of the pickle jar long enough to ask about the Iraq War Hillary voted for because it was popular at the time. Paul would bludgeon her.

Channeling your inner Trump by attacking a female's appearance...

I agree with both of you. I don't think Donald Trump has any desire to be president. I also think that there is at least a possibility that he is in bed with the Clintons in this whole thing. I don't claim to know why he is doing this. All I know is that I am loving it...and that the Republican Party deserves what is happening to it now because it has been laying the groundwork for exactly this kind of eventuality for many years now with its radio talk show rhetoric & political actions in congress.

When you make a bed, you eventually have to sleep in it.

That you are "loving it" makes you no better than the people you accuse. It actually is worse since we now know you are in favor of corruption if it favors your party. You keep supporting/voting for people you know are not qualified out of your blind hatred of a party. It's bad enough we had to deal with ignorant voters the last 2 elections, but now we have the likes of you. I would like to post more here and talk to you in a different forum. There is just no talking to you since you have become a Yellow Dog Democrat.

One of my closest friends likes Trump and Carson. It doesn't matter how many of these quotes I trot out, she likes that they speak their minds even if she doesn't agree with everything they say.

And otherwise my friend, though she's a conservative, is a super nice person. It's just a reminder to me that a huge chunk of people in this country, even people you might not expect, are on-board with the Trump strategy.

Your friend sounds like a total moron.

I'm on board, guys.

4f2b8afab4e3326b3a9123fd05f8e90a.jpg

Back