• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans for POTUS, 2016 Edition

I'm not looking it up because I don't care. If you want to find studies go ahead. If there aren't any it may be a pretty damn good sign that it's not a very important issue.

I'm struggling to find a cause or group that would need to conduct a study on this. Other than fringe groups who are anti-gay people

Of course Carson doesn't care. He got his sound bytes out there for fox and friends and conservatives so he's feeling good.

Also the comments at the end of that CNN article sound a bit like the separate but equal arguments made a generation or two ago.

Of course Carson doesn't care. He got his sound bytes out there for fox and friends and conservatives so he's feeling good.

Why would Carson even bother to apologize? He wouldn't have replied, "absolutely" or played the prison butt sex card if he didn't believe it. Nobody who was offended was ever going to vote for him and some wingnuts will bail because he wimped out on his earlier comments.

I'm not looking it up because I don't care. If you want to find studies go ahead. If there aren't any it may be a pretty damn good sign that it's not a very important issue.

Well, you'd agree that the issue of what causes homosexuality is an important one, right? On that point, there is nothing that approaches scientific consensus.

From the American Psychological Association:

There is no consensus among scientists about the exact reasons that an individual develops a heterosexual, bisexual, gay or lesbian orientation. Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors. Many think that nature and nurture both play complex roles; most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation.

I know it would fit better with your politics if the question were answered in favor of non-choice, but wanting it so doesn't make it so.

I'm struggling to find a cause or group that would need to conduct a study on this. Other than fringe groups who are anti-gay people

Anybody interested in sexuality would be interested in conducting a study on this. But as I pointed out earlier in this discussion it's hard to get ethical approval to study prisoners. It's also difficult to get approval to study sexual behavior. Studying prisoner sexual behavior would be very difficult to get approved.

Who would choose to be gay? That doesn't make any rational sense given all the stigmas and bullshit one has to put up with for being gay.

Who would choose to be gay? That doesn't make any rational sense given all the stigmas and bullshit one has to put up with for being gay.

You choose to be a Wake fan. Think of all the stigma and bullshit we could avoid by not being Wake fans.

Actually, no, it doesn't matter to my politics one bit. I think gay people should be permitted to enter into civil unions regardless of the source of their homosexuality.
How generous of you.

Back