• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans for POTUS, 2016 Edition

Exactly.
Males having sex with men doesn't make them gay, and males having sex with a woman doesn't make them straight, just like orgasming during rape doesn't make it consensual.

Some former Pub senate candidates may disagree with you.

but junebug's question (and Carsons' opinion) are about men turning into gay people, as in "people are now gay when before they were straight"

not "how many guys have sex in prison"

What in the hell is going on on this thread? What Ben Carson said was ridiculous but is PH agreeing with him? I don't understand.

If you lock away millions of men with only other men and some of them have sex, consensual or otherwise, they have become gay? Is that the gist?

So, do you agree with Ben Carson on this or no?

I have no idea if people who identified as straight before prison who engage in gay sex in prison are more likely to identify as gay when they leave.

but junebug's question (and Carsons' opinion) are about men turning into gay people, as in "people are now gay when before they were straight"

not "how many guys have sex in prison"
I wouldn't trust the self reports from a bunch of recent long term prison inmates, or Ben Carson, to accurately label and gauge sexual orientation. Along with that problem, sexual orientation is more accurately described on a spectrum, which introduces a host of new variables making such a study very difficult.

I have no idea if people who identified as straight before prison who engage in gay sex in prison are more likely to identify as gay when they leave.

so yes, in the back of your mind you think that prison can turn people gay

Sure. But then you're saying gay men and straight men make choices whether or not they engage in gay sex.

Ugg. Ph is veering dangerously close to "Gay conversion therapy" territory.

When people admit to having had sex in prison, the near-guaranteed followup sentence is "but that doesn't mean I'm gay."

What makes the commentary so offensive is not just the overtly stated opinion that people are all born straight and then choose to turn gay, it's that regardless of whether people identify as being gay or straight, doing "gay stuff" in prison or in any other situation where you choose to participate is what makes you gay.

There's about a 95% chance this guy has had homosexual experiences at some point in his past.

emailheader2.jpg

[Redacted],

Just the other day, I filed with the Federal Election Commission the necessary paperwork to formally consider a run for President of the United States in 2016.

Let me tell you why I’m taking this step today, and how you can help.

For many years, I have traveled the country closely studying our politics. I believe we are on the verge of robbing our children of the American Dream.

We are racking up a virtually insurmountable debt, stifling our economic potential and placing our children’s future at risk.

At home and abroad, we are silencing honest debate about our challenges, our differences and our culture, all in the name of political correctness.

We are ceding more and more power to Washington bureaucrats at the expense of our personal liberty, ignoring the wisdom of our founders who risked their lives to form “a more perfect union.”

Too many of our children are trapped in failing schools and find themselves thrust into a deadly cycle of crime, dependence and despair.

Over the course of thousands of operations as the head of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital, I have spent most of my adult life caring for very ill children. As co-founder of the non-profit Carson Scholars Fund, my wife Candy and I have spent years helping children find their own inspiration to reach their full, God-given potential.

In many ways, that is the duty of my generation – to do everything in our power to give the next generation the opportunity to achieve greatness.

I believe that with hard work and determined leadership, greatness is within our grasp. America was founded on the self-evident truth that we as a nation have the right to think big and pursue happiness.

It is this core principle that allowed me, a young boy, raised in Detroit by a single, illiterate but determined mother, to overcome poverty, bad grades, and low self-esteem to become one of the world’s leading physicians.

I’ve decided to explore a potential run for the office of President because I believe my values, life experience, and willingness to speak the truth and seek solutions, prepares me well to lead our nation toward more prosperity, security, and freedom for every American.

As I travel around the country to listen, learn and determine whether or not this is a race I can win, your financial support during the next two months will be extremely helpful.

To make a secure contribution to my exploratory committee now, please go here.

I look forward to working with you, and the rest of our fellow citizens to restore the promise of America.

Thank you, and God Bless America.

Sincerely,

carsonsign.jpg

Ben Carson

Last edited:
some shithead guy, early 30s, pulled out in front of me while on a cellphone in a shitty toyota corolla yesterday. ben carson 2016 bumper sticker

Idk what's going on in this thread but i can't believe this is even a question or an issue.

People have sex in prison with people of the same gender because it's the only option other than no sex at all. Do some of these people have homosexual tendencies before prison? Probably - just like the rest of the population has a percentage of people that have had tendencies to engage in homosexual activities. Does the power dynamic play a part in all this in prison? Definitely. Does prison "turn people gay" or does it "result in more people 'being gay' after they leave prison?" Who fucking cares and quite frankly just asking the question to me is a huge WTF moment in 2015. This is literally so far down the list of a topic anybody should care about (whether or not prison tends to make people "gay" when they leave) that I can't even believe I read two pages on a Wake message board about it. The real question and focus should be on how to avoid prisons from being areas where nonconsensual sex is the norm.

Carson diving into the topic seems to indicate that he believes that being gay is an absolute option and that he thinks turning gay is a major problem. Otherwise why would he possibly care who was gay after prison?

There's never been a more apt time to say it but it's only gay if you're gay.

Back