• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans for POTUS, 2016 Edition

Again - let's just let this set in. CPAC invited a man to speak who his teachers were so concerned about his racist and fascist views that they wrote the headmaster in great detail and attempted to have him expelled: http://www.channel4.com/news/nigel-farage-ukip-letter-school-concerns-racism-fascism (the whole letter is there, it's fucking damning)

Simply sharing the same stage with filth such as Farage is shocking, and it's a scary show of just how far off the reservation the right wing of the Republican party is right now.

I don't know much about any of this but that article is a joke. You have a 30 year old letter where the author (who never taught Farage) makes outlandish claims (that no one would go on record to confirm) based on 2nd hand information. I would say this is a "he said she said" but it would be more accurately called "I heard he said she said". Stack on top of that several named sources that contradict the letter and I am shocked this ever made it to print.

Last edited:
Farage did manage to fire up the CPAC crowd with a lengthy tirade against the “cowardly” and politically correct practice of multiculturalism that he believes should rile Americans and Europeans equally. On Wednesday, appearing on Fox News, Farage said the two countries have “allowed different communities to develop a different culture within what ought to be a Judeo-Christian culture.”

That kind of talk is just ... it's very, very dangerous.

Ben Carson, everyone:

Asked whether being gay is a choice, Carson responded: "Absolutely."

"Because a lot of people who go into prison go into prison straight -- and when they come out, they're gay. So, did something happen while they were in there? Ask yourself that question," Carson said.

Is it empirically false that more people come out of prison gay than go into it? I've never seen any data on that.

Asking for a friend.

Find it highly unlikely that Carson makes it to Iowa. God forbid he wins Iowa. Will make Huckabee look like Rob Portman and Todd Akin seem like the CEO of Planned Parenthood. May be what the GOP base believes, but certainly not what the RNC wants defining them in 2016 swing states.

ok, i thought you were kidding.

you seriously want to know if there's a study or two about whether or not people turn gay when the go to prison?

junebug has some legit weird hangups about homosexuality

I don't know why it's an odd question either.

It's going to be hard to find good research on this topic because prisoners are considered vulnerable subjects. It would be hard to get approval or funding.

Back