• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans Shut Down the Federal Government Again & Suffer Humiliating Defeat

Nice of junebug to take up the personal responsibility ball, up next bootstraps

Fixed

Otherwise, the government is going to end up taking from those of us who have made responsible financial decisions to subsidize those who didn’t.

How else would government work other than taking from the rich and giving to the poor? Deporting the poor?

So what did they get wrong ? Sounds like they know $50K isn't enough to be missing paychecks.

TSA agents at the airport make about $36k per year, not $50K. $17/hour, 40 hours a week, 52 weeks per year is $35,360.

Our economy sells consumerism at every turn then makes sure those who aren’t at the top end of the spectrum know they shouldn’t have been engaging in the culture after they default. Classic capitalism.

What’s crazy is the more money you give the lower bracket the more money you make if you have something worth buying. Pretty much the opposite of Republican policy

So when my sister stayed at home for 15 years while she took care of the three kids while her husband went to Seminary and then got caught cheating on someone in the congregation, she should have just stayed with him? Not stayed at home with the kids and lose her employment marketability? Known he was a douchebag 15 years in advance? Advice appreciated.

Apparently somewhere out there is the whole 24 minute speech, but ain't nobody got time for that. This is worth 3 minutes and 12 seconds though.

Well yes he should have but he didn’t and neither will millions of other Americans which is why we need to address reality and not pie in the sky dreams.

If Trump does a SOTU, Pelosi should wear a Putin mask during it.

Apparently somewhere out there is the whole 24 minute speech, but ain't nobody got time for that. This is worth 3 minutes and 12 seconds though.

The whole speech is quite something; Sen Bennet calls out a lot of bullshit about Washington in general, the freedom caucus, etc. He's usually pretty reserved, so to see him go off like this clearly shows how pissed he is with Cruz, among others.

Our economy sells consumerism at every turn then makes sure those who aren’t at the top end of the spectrum know they shouldn’t have been engaging in the culture after they default. Classic capitalism.

Americans: “Buy things! Buy things! Buy lots of things!”

Also Americans: “No wonder you poors don’t have any money. You buy things! LOL!”

Junebug, answer my question. I answered yours.

Right? Drop regs on banking and lending in the 80s, brag about how genius of a move it was, laud the wealthy class as hard-working and brave risk-takers who deserve tax breaks, then point the finger of shame at their customers who fueled all that wealth and call them lazy dumbasses for using that credit to consume goods and services.

Goddamn conservatives are some shit, arent they?

TSA agents at the airport make about $36k per year, not $50K. $17/hour, 40 hours a week, 52 weeks per year is $35,360.

NPR reporting a little while ago the median income of the government workers not getting paid is about 67k. Just data I was wondering and thought I'd share.

And then wonder out loud why they aren’t using the banks when they face a man made political emergency completely out of their hands.

Fixed

Otherwise, the government is going to end up taking from those of us who have made responsible financial decisions to subsidize those who didn’t.

It’s only ok to do that if the subsidies go to institutions that are too big to fail, right?

Back