• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Should NegRep Pussy Go The Way Of The Dodo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Personally, I think we would have to erase the entire reputation database as all rep was left under the pretense that the giver cannot be known.

Starting over with a fresh database would probably be the best option.

Actually not. It means that many have artifically lower rep.

Gotta keep the rep. How else would new users know how bad keeper and thereff suck?

FYI. We can allow users to see the distributor of any reputation. However, this change would be an overarching change over the entire reputation database. Meaning that you would be able to see the distributor of every rep you have ever received.

I say expose the bastards!

Come on and let me know
Should it stay or should it go?

Rep is awesome. I don't really get the hate for anonymous rep. It's not like one person can keep bashing you. There's a reason companies make feedback boxes anonymous - people will be more honest about their opinions.

You ditch the anonymous part and it's not really any different from simply replying in a thread or sending a pm. The result will be plenty of posrep and very little negrep.

If anything, simply make the "spread it around" count higher so there's little chance anyone can keep hitting the same person with negrep.

Rep is awesome. I don't really get the hate for anonymous rep. It's not like one person can keep bashing you. There's a reason companies make feedback boxes anonymous - people will be more honest about their opinions.

You ditch the anonymous part and it's not really any different from simply replying in a thread or sending a pm. The result will be plenty of posrep and very little negrep.

If anything, simply make the "spread it around" count higher so there's little chance anyone can keep hitting the same person with negrep.

The problem comes when posters disagree with something you said but can't be bother to formulate a response. Anonymous reps disrupt debate unless you want to be the d-bag that re-posts the rep and responds to it in-thread (I have done it).

The problem comes when posters disagree with something you said but can't be bother to formulate a response. Anonymous reps disrupt debate unless you want to be the d-bag that re-posts the rep and responds to it in-thread (I have done it).

or, you could IGNORE the anonymous neg rep.

christ, is this board just a bunch of girls?

"ooooo, someone i don't know said something bad about me anonymously on a message board. ooooooo. wah. where is my tampon?"

or you could make anonymous neg rep carry no actual rep weight, for people who care about the little boxes

or, you could IGNORE the anonymous neg rep.

christ, is this board just a bunch of girls?

"ooooo, someone i don't know said something bad about me anonymously on a message board. ooooooo. wah. where is my tampon?"

That isn't what I said. I have no issue with getting neg rep. I have no issue even if it's simply because you disagree with me (though I think that's silly). But, there are two reasons I participate on this board: 1) Get news about WF sports. 2) Debate WF sports. When someone anonymously reps you to disagree with something you said (as opposed to how you said it) then that kills the debate.

Just keep it how it is. If you are such a twat that you have to give your neg reg anonymously, any change would still leave you a twat. I think I have only given neg rep twice and once was an exact copy of the neg reg I received to the person I think gave it to me (sorry Deachoops if that was not you). I usually out myself on pos rep as well. Twats will be twats.

FYI. We can allow users to see the distributor of any reputation. However, this change would be an overarching change over the entire reputation database. Meaning that you would be able to see the distributor of every rep you have ever received.

Can you even see every rep you have ever received? Maybe I don't know where to look, but my list cuts off after a certain point

That isn't what I said. I have no issue with getting neg rep. I have no issue even if it's simply because you disagree with me (though I think that's silly). But, there are two reasons I participate on this board: 1) Get news about WF sports. 2) Debate WF sports. When someone anonymously reps you to disagree with something you said (as opposed to how you said it) then that kills the debate.

how in the world does anon neg rep kill the debate?

Back