• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Should NegRep Pussy Go The Way Of The Dodo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You can't debate with someone when you don't know who they are.

i mean, if you're annoying me and i want to say "you know what, fuck you for thinking ralph nader is great", that doesn't stop the debate.

in fact, it keeps it from showing up in the thread and derailing the "debate" via personal assault.

i mean, if you're annoying me and i want to say "you know what, fuck you for thinking ralph nader is great", that doesn't stop the debate.

in fact, it keeps it from showing up in the thread and derailing the "debate" via personal assault.

fuck you captain. fuck you, your stoopid beard and your dorky uber nerd love for all things Star Trek

Few things are lamer than bitching about neg rep so you can get your e-friends to pos rep you. I'd kill it just for that reason.

we must put an end to anonymous posrep

That isn't really what I am talking about, but whatever.

I really don't give a damn, but all else equal I do think it would be better to not have anonymous rep.

You can't debate with someone when you don't know who they are.

Someone posting "you're an ass" in a thread stifles debate.

Someone neg repping that has no effect. That person doesn't want a debate, just to heckle.

That isn't really what I am talking about, but whatever.

I really don't give a damn, but all else equal I do think it would be better to not have anonymous rep.

so what are you talking about, then? you're not explaining it very well.

maybe that's why people don't want to debate you.

fuck you captain. fuck you, your stoopid beard and your dorky uber nerd love for all things Star Trek

see at least some people have the balls do to it TO MY FACE

st-corset.jpg

Just keep it how it is. If you are such a twat that you have to give your neg reg anonymously, any change would still leave you a twat. I think I have only given neg rep twice and once was an exact copy of the neg reg I received to the person I think gave it to me (sorry Deachoops if that was not you). I usually out myself on pos rep as well. Twats will be twats.

huh? i've never neg repped you. and unless yours was anonymous, i don't think i've ever received any from you before either.

i like the idea that you can have anonymous neg rep, but that there's no points associated with it if it's anonymous. make people think twice before trying to stay anonymous.

I voted to get rid of it but honestly don't care either way. My posting habits have changed a lot since I've moved and changed jobs. I don't really pay attention to it and think some take it too seriously.

Someone posting "you're an ass" in a thread stifles debate.

Someone neg repping that has no effect. That person doesn't want a debate, just to heckle.

Exactly. Anonymous neg rep has saved far more discourse than it has stifled.

I think the vast majority of neg rep is based on behavior or it's personal reactions - stuff that typically ruins threads. And MOST people actually do care a little bit about their rep and would prefer not to post something inflammatory just for the sake of pissing people off like they used to on the old boards.

I get the feeling a lot of people don't feel they deserve the negrep they get, even though it's actually well deserved and comes from lots of separate people.

I think we need an adult section where we can post pics of womens dongs and mens dongs. Lets focus on that.

Back