• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Kolo doing Kolo things

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

All the US games are at like 11 PM here. My TEXES EXES are hooking us up though. I'll be spending those big bucks on 12 ounce budweiser bottles.

Spotted in my local grocery store yesterday ... WTF?

IMG_20140604_182938.jpg

All the US games are at like 11 PM here. My TEXES EXES are hooking us up though. I'll be spending those big bucks on 12 ounce budweiser bottles.

5PM/5PM/11AM Central

Edit: oh I see you just moved back to the UK. So that would make it 10 PM/10PM/4PM I think if I did my time zone counting with DST and all that correctly

Last edited:
Managed to schedule a dentist appointment for the morning of the Germany game, which should be over by 10 and I don't have to be in the office until 1ish.

So I'm now in the clear for all three group games. Yippee ki yah MFers.

Oscar Tabarez said: "We have great hopes of Suarez playing at the World Cup. I wouldn't assure it will be in the first match but nor are we ruling that out."

Hmmmm... Ronaldo's injury doesn't sound as quick of a fix as I initially thought.

“Patella tendonitis is a common overuse injury caused by repetitive activity, typically those associated with the very actions which define Cristiano Ronaldo as one of the greatest players of our generation; sharp explosive movements combined with an extraordinary spring potentially threaten his participation in Brazil. Microscopic tears form in the tendon, although unrecognisable initially the pain will become progressively worse; systematic of a player who has played a lot of football over the past three seasons.”
“Despite the Portuguese Football Federation announcing this week that Cristiano Ronaldo was suffering from tendonitis, the reality is their captain would have been managing this condition for some time. An Injury specific program with care taken not to overload the tendon, in conjunction with light activity and gentle mobilisation will help; although ultimately rest is the cure.”

@SoccerInsider: Ticket update for USA v Nigeria in Jacksonville on Saturday: 42,000. #usmnt

UEFA president Michel Platini told the French newspaper L'Equipe that there should be a re-vote on the 2022 World Cup if bribery allegations are proven true. Platini, who has long been considered the most likely successor to Sepp Blatter as FIFA president, voted for Qatar back in 2010.
"I do not regret anything. I think it was the right choice for FIFA and world football. But if corruption is proven, there will need to be a new vote and sanctions," he told the paper.

Back