• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

"Earlier this month, U.S. officials requested the extradition of seven high-ranking FIFA officials arrested in Switzerland in May. They are suspected of taking bribes worth over $100 million in connection with soccer tournaments."

Wow

Joe Prince-Wright was on Counterattack tonight and basically suggested that Klinsi has no idea what he's doing with the lineup. Doesn't understand why he hasn't tried Ream at LB (where he's seen some time at Bolton), doesn't think Klinsmann sees Cameron as a RB despite Cameron's spending 90% of time there for Stoke.

I'm trying to think of all of the players who have fallen out of favor with Klinsmann, never to be heard from again.

Jose Torres
Joe Corona
Benny Feilhaber
Matt Besler
Perry Kitchen

Anyone else?

I'm trying to think of all of the players who have fallen out of favor with Klinsmann, never to be heard from again.

Jose Torres
Joe Corona
Benny Feilhaber
Matt Besler
Perry Kitchen

Anyone else?

You realize one of those guys literally got called in this week. Another has all of two caps, both of which came this year.

Joe Prince-Wright was on Counterattack tonight and basically suggested that Klinsi has no idea what he's doing with the lineup. Doesn't understand why he hasn't tried Ream at LB (where he's seen some time at Bolton), doesn't think Klinsmann sees Cameron as a RB despite Cameron's spending 90% of time there for Stoke.

He knows what he's doing, I don't think there's any doubt about that. I might disagree with what he chooses to do and think it hurts our chances, but I do think he has an idea. He very obviously wants our outside backs to provide our attacking width, which make Ream and Cameron close to non-factors at those positions. He values athleticism above other traits in the midfield and sometimes in the attack, which is why he loves guys like Yedlin, Zardes, Shea, etc. He wants center backs to play short out of the back and press high, condensing the field in the process.

You realize one of those guys literally got called in this week. Another has all of two caps, both of which came this year.

Who was called in? I've been traveling all week...which also doesn't negate the fact that all of these guys have been MIA for ages. As for the guy with two caps (Kitchen), do you not believe he's worthy of a spot in the Gold Cup? I mean, look at some of the guys on this team. Please.

Jose Torres
Joe Corona
Benny Feilhaber
Matt Besler
Perry Kitchen

Anyone else?

Landon Donovan

Corona is on the roster.

Kitchen and Besler were both alternates, and I thought it would be good to add them, but it is outright stupid to claim that either has been MIA for ages when both have appeared this calendar year, and Kitchen's actual debut was given to him within the last five months.

Corona is on the roster.

Kitchen and Besler were both alternates, and I thought it would be good to add them, but it is outright stupid to claim that either has been MIA for ages when both have appeared this calendar year, and Kitchen's actual debut was given to him within the last five months.

It's stupid to have left him off a roster that includes Alfredo Morales and counts on Kyle Beckerman as much as it does.

Not disagreeing, but that's not even close to the point you were trying to make initially that they'd been completely ignored by Jurgen.

Not disagreeing, but that's not even close to the point you were trying to make initially that they'd been completely ignored by Jurgen.

Obviously the phrase "never to be heard from again" is tongue in cheek. All have been reduced to afterthoughts. That was my point.

Who the fuck is Joe Prince Wright and why should I give two fucks what he thinks?

Who the fuck is Joe Prince Wright and why should I give two fucks what he thinks?

This. Playing Tim Ream at LB against inferior opposition is fucking stupid. Dude gives you nothing going forward.

Dropping Chandler for Yedlin would be my move.

Between his defense of Colin Cowherd and his bizarre interpretation of the USMNT roster, siff's having an amazing day on this board.

Yedlin needs to be our first choice back. I'd like to see him try Alvarado out in LB or RB sometime. Dude sucks in the center, but good Lord he's fast. If he has even a halfway decent cross, it might be worth it.

Back