• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

dv7's scouting network's "next big thing" Angel Gomes and England's U17 about to take on Japan's U17.

US U17 plays the winner in the quarterfinal.

Match on FS2 (618 on DTV)

dv7's scouting network's "next big thing" Angel Gomes and England's U17 about to take on Japan's U17.

US U17 plays the winner in the quarterfinal.

Match on FS2 (618 on DTV)

Glad that our boys get the extra day of rest. Only one Toffee in the England squad, reserve defender Lewis Gibson who we purchased over the summer from Newcastle. So I won't feel too bad when the US crushes them on Saturday.

This Japan team looks pretty good going forward on the counter. There are holes to take advantage of in their back 5, however. Some spacing between them is a bit too disconnected and gaps are there as a result.

This Japan team looks pretty good going forward on the counter. There are holes to take advantage of in their back 5, however. Some spacing between them is a bit too disconnected and gaps are there as a result.

The Kubo kid that just got loose was the kid who was at Barca Academy for a good while.

UEFA WCQ playoffs have been drawn.

N Ireland - Switzerland
Croatia - Greece
Denmark - Ireland
Sweden - Italy

At no point did it look like Japan would win in PKs. Every kid looked nervous.

England wins. I kinda like our chances against them.

Also saw that Mexico last to Iran. Good.

tough luck for Sweden

last time they were in Germany's group and then drew Portugal in the playoff
this time they're in a group with Netherlands and France, finish second, draw Italy

What did you think of Rhian Brewster? He is Liverpool's "next big thing" right now.

Solid 9. Led the attack well. Moved smartly off the ball and presented his feet in-between the lines to advance the attack. Honestly, loved him.

Also showed glimpses of vision with some deft flicks and slick combination play. Promising talent.

Saw reports today that Big Sam and Laurent Blanc are apparently interested in the USMNT job. Didn't DV7 have a love affair with Laurent Blanc at one point?

What did you think of Rhian Brewster? He is Liverpool's "next big thing" right now.

Some really exciting prospects in the academy. Hope they get a chance soon, but if Kent, Wilson, and Woodburn can't get in, wonder if the youngsters pursue first-team action elsewhere (not including loans).

I mean shit, even Grujic and Robertson can barely get in.

Some really exciting prospects in the academy. Hope they get a chance soon, but if Kent, Wilson, and Woodburn can't get in, wonder if the youngsters pursue first-team action elsewhere (not including loans).

I mean shit, even Grujic and Robertson can barely get in.

That's why all the Yank Utes need to go to Germany. Bring back JK? (As tech director)

Back