• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Hat trick. Baby nats running wild over a previously undefeated team. Feels good. In another news:

I don't care if it leads to us getting thrashed 5-0, I wanna see nothing but young talent. Nobody over the age of 30. Start breaking in the next generation.

Not sure this team is strong enough in defense to seriously contend for the U-17 WC, however the attacking flair up front is lovely to watch

Oh snap didn't realize we got the England/Japan winner on Saturday morning.

That could be really fun.

Fuck you, haters. I'm talking to you, PhDeac, and everyone else who came over here to gloat. It's gonna be a long 5 years, but our U17s give us hope.

5-0 over Paraguay? Fuck yeah

Do not bring these kids back to the US. Leave them all in Europe ! Spain, Germany, France, even England.

These U-17s will have a big role in the World Cup that will likely be in the US (and Mex and Canada) in 2026

So with the US/Mexico/Canada joint bid, am I correct to assume that the two great North American nations and Mexico will all get auto bids to the World Cup ?

So with the US/Mexico/Canada joint bid, am I correct to assume that the two great North American nations and Mexico will all get auto bids to the World Cup ?

We don't know but that'd be likely. There's not a precedent for 3 countries, but there is one for two countries (Korea/Japan in 2002) and with the idea that the World Cup is adding more teams overall, giving all three an automatic bid seems likely.

Especially if that's the first WC for expanded teams (is it?)...a nice way to ease everyone into it without the whole qualifying 128 teams or however many will be in it.

Back