• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Did they go through everyone on the team for the shootouts? A ton of keepers taking pens in that clip.

Last night was the 1st time I've watched the men's team since the pre-WC qualification implosion. I grant that Panama didn't look great, but we dominated play and only gave them 1 real chance, and that was off of a deflection. I was impressed with some of the new guys I hadn't seen like Zimmerman, Lima and Mahailovic. And Steffen had the 1 nice save. It was a far cry from all the shite I watched in the WC qualifiers. Hope Berhalter works out.

Did they go through everyone on the team for the shootouts? A ton of keepers taking pens in that clip.

Just like PKs, everyone on the field when the game ended would shoot if there wasn’t a winner. NC high schools used this when I played in the mid-80s

Just like PKs, everyone on the field when the game ended would shoot if there wasn’t a winner. NC high schools used this when I played in the mid-80s

I get that but presumably the keeper goes 11th and i saw more than one or two keepers taking PKs in that video. I guess if there were four it happened in two matches but yeah....

I didn't get to watch the game but Tyler Adams again with the start and went the full 90 for RB Leipzig. Apparently another strong showing for him.

I didn't get to watch the game but Tyler Adams again with the start and went the full 90 for RB Leipzig. Apparently another strong showing for him.

He was very good. It's really hard to believe he's only 19.

It seems like this is something I probably missed earlier, but is the Mark Mckenzie on the bench for today's game the same guy that was a defender at Wake? If so, I think that's the first guy in the Muuss era to be called up to the senior team and actually dress for a game, unless again I missed something.

Watched Weston McKennie's match today. For the second year in a row he's the most productive US player in Bundesliga. Went down in the final seconds of the match...dunno if he tweaked something or was just exhausted. He covered a lot of ground for Shalke who played with 10 men for much of the 2nd half.

Only two changes to US lineup vs Panama. i really did not want to see Zardes out there again today, but he's already done a couple nice things in helping keep position.

It seems like this is something I probably missed earlier, but is the Mark Mckenzie on the bench for today's game the same guy that was a defender at Wake? If so, I think that's the first guy in the Muuss era to be called up to the senior team and actually dress for a game, unless again I missed something.

Yes, that's our McKenzie

Timothy Weah with outstanding control and an assist to put Celtic in the lead today, followed by a lethal counter to put the game away. This kid is going to be special.

Back