• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Great season debut for Jordan Morris after missing a full year with a Stuart Holden special. Looked like he was playing on the wing as well, if the lineup graphic is to be believed. Should be a lock for the USMNT roster next week

What's your starting XI if there was a WCQ in March? I feel like theres 20+ players in play right now...

Morris --- Altidore --- Pulisic
McKinnie --- Bradley --- Adams
Robinson --- Brooks --- Long --- Yedlin
-------------Steffan--------------

Subs: Sargent, Ariola, Weah, Lleget, Miazga, Lima, Zimmerman

I feel like Pulisic, McKinnie, Adams, Yedlin, and Steffan are the only "locks" to be on the field right now, if healthy. Maybe you leave Jozy out since he's missed significant time with the ankle injury. If so, bump up Sargent to start and Wood to the bench.

Because he’s the best option on the roster for that position?

I'm so tired of Gyasi Zardes. Make it stop.

What's your starting XI if there was a WCQ in March? I feel like theres 20+ players in play right now...

I feel like Pulisic, McKinnie, Adams, Yedlin, and Steffan are the only "locks" to be on the field right now, if healthy. Maybe you leave Jozy out since he's missed significant time with the ankle injury. If so, bump up Sargent to start and Wood to the bench.

I'd like to see Lima at LB, apparently he is capable. Robinson has been hurt since October and is still very raw. I'd also welcome back Fabian Johnson he would be willing to play that position.

Outside of that I think your lineup is good, except that I could see Weah starting over Morris. Altidore might also miss out as he's been injured for about six months and still hasn't played a competitive match for Toronto. I'd start Sargent, but could also see Wood starting there.

Yeah I really haven't been keeping up. Didn't know Robinson was hurt. FJ is probably the correct answer but I'm assuming he's done.

Well, Altidore has yet to return from injury so I doubt he starts this month. I could be wrong.

I could see Morris playing up top with Altidore. I wouldn't start Morris at outside mid over any number of guys, including Weah, Pulisic, and Arriola (who looked really good last night)

Bradley can only play CM if Adams or McKennie is in behind him because he simply can't cover the ground necessary. Didn't see the match but reports from the Toronto game at Philly was that he was very good and scored twice in a more advanced CM role

The spot next to Brooks seems pretty open at this point.

16 of 18 being age 26 or younger is a good sign moving forward.

As bad as Fulham have been, Tim Ream has to be an option if we're talking about a qualifier this month. He's been much better the last month or so.

As bad as Fulham have been, Tim Ream has to be an option if we're talking about a qualifier this month. He's been much better the last month or so.

We seem to have quite a few CBs in good form currently. I don't see him starting over Brooks, so he'd have to jump Long, Miazga, CCV, and Zimmerman to get on the field.

I feel like he mentioned something that happened at a camp or training that made him no longer want to be part of the USYNT. I've never actually seen what the incident or issue was.

I think he didn't get called to a U17 camp/World Cup when he was 14 or 15, right?

Has there ever been a dual national that chose Mexico and then actually got meaningful minutes playing for Mexico?

Back