• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Eh, I get it. Its the team from January, with 7 or 8 upgraded players in it. Ream comes in to play the LB position, which is really more of a LCB spot on offense. Lovitz gets called back in to be his back up. The other additions from Europe all make sense, and Morris is called back in after coming back from injury and starting the MLS season so well.

I also do not mind keeping Weah and Sargent at the youth level. I hope they we try to field a competitive U23 team for the Olympics next year, and with neither getting huge minutes at their clubs yet, it might be wise to keep them in that pool. Pulisic, Adams and McKennie are three guaranteed starters for the NT, Weah and Sargent are currently not.

My guess is that the front three will be Arriola-Zardes-Morris, with all three having a great start to the MLS season.

Eh, I get it. Its the team from January, with 7 or 8 upgraded players in it. Ream comes in to play the LB position, which is really more of a LCB spot on offense. Lovitz gets called back in to be his back up. The other additions from Europe all make sense, and Morris is called back in after coming back from injury and starting the MLS season so well.

I also do not mind keeping Weah and Sargent at the youth level. I hope they we try to field a competitive U23 team for the Olympics next year, and with neither getting huge minutes at their clubs yet, it might be wise to keep them in that pool. Pulisic, Adams and McKennie are three guaranteed starters for the NT, Weah and Sargent are currently not.

My guess is that the front three will be Arriola-Zardes-Morris, with all three having a great start to the MLS season.

I dont think you can start all 3 and still have Pulisic play the 10 (which GGG confirmed today), right?

what about Bobby Wood?

Definitely the most notable omission. He hasn't really produced for Hanover this season so I'm assuming that has something to do with it. Still better than a majority of the players called in. Maybe they want him training with his club team during the break?

Definitely the most notable omission. He hasn't really produced for Hanover this season so I'm assuming that has something to do with it. Still better than a majority of the players called in. Maybe they want him training with his club team during the break?

Who are the other notable omissions?

Idk if he's done but he's nowhere close to Zach Steffan or Horvath so that pretty much rules him out for quite awhile, IMO

Is Fabian Johnson no longer in the mix? Are there any natural left backs on the roster?

Agreed that the forward list isn't ideal, but from everything I've read/heard GGG really like the work Zardes does off the ball, both offensively and defensively. I think we just all wish he could finish.

If we're gonna play the same system as January, 4-3-3, which becomes a 3-4-3 in possession and 4-4-2 on defense, the depth chart is pretty clear. The enigma is Tyler Adams who can play the 8, 6 or RB (and needs to be on the field)

CF - Zardes, Ramirez
L/RW - Arriola, Morris, Baird, Lewis
#10 - Pulisic, Lletget
#8 - McKennie, Roldan
#6 - Bradley, Trapp
L(C)B - Ream, Lovitz
CB - Brooks, Long, Miazga, Gonzalez (what)
RB - Lima, Yedlin (not sure he can push into the MF like Lima, would play as a more traditional overlapping RB)
GK - Steffen, Johnson, Horvath

UTL - Adams

Last edited:
Back