• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Nice! Way to go Omir!

U-20s vs Nigeria today at 2:30. Must win game.

Maybe from a confidence stand point, but they still have a good chance of going through with a draw and an outside chance with a loss. 4 of 6 third place teams advance and Qatar is the weakest team in the group.

So far the US looks much, much better so far. Several quality chances. Far more entertaining than Ukraine game where Ukraine just wanted to defend all game. Much more open game, both ways. The US having the better of the play.

Yeah much more confident play so far. Moving side to side really well, just need to find their crossing. And there's the first from a corner.

Soto wide open on the back post off a corner, 1-0 Yanks. So far the pleasant surprise for me has been De La Torre. Not saying he’s the best player out there, but a number of guys we knew roughly what we were getting. But he has really impressed down the road side.

Mendez might be even better than I thought. Kid is insanely skilled, good vision, and has a cannon for a shot.

Great recovery. Worst we can finish is 2nd with a W vs Qatar. Draw likely gets us in as well as a 3rd place team (or 2nd with UKR win)

No matter what the outcome in this tournament, the technical ability, fearlessness in possession, and style of play are a breath of fresh air for the USMNT at any level. Well done Tab and lads...... keep it up and we'll be seeing you boys in 2026 for sure.

No matter what the outcome in this tournament, the technical ability, fearlessness in possession, and style of play are a breath of fresh air for the USMNT at any level. Well done Tab and lads...... keep it up and we'll be seeing you boys in 2026 for sure.

I low key hate this take. Glorified participation award

Back