• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Disagree. Naeher put it where the Sauerbrun's back was to the Spanish player and was blindsided. Naeher has to take that into consideration as someone already said she needs to make sure there is ample space for defenders or if going to put into a tighter space she at least has to insure her defender is in a position to have clear sight of threats around them. Sauerbrun clearly didn't as her back was to the girl so she didn't rush to clean it up as she normally would have had known of her presence.

Fair enough, I think they get away with it fine without Sauerbrun's brutal first touch though

Yeah super soft, but actually a good usage of VAR there. When the ref calls that on the field and then sees the boot hit her leg in the replay, no matter how soft, she has to stick to the call on the field.

Bad 5 minutes for the ref there. Soft PK then makes Rapinoe respot the ball twice despite it legally being placed. Woof

Yo Ellis you have three subs. May I suggest bringing on Davidson or another defender to help out Dunn who keeps getting roasted on the left.

France definite favorites after that display. Not impressive at all and goalie play is often the difference maker in close games and not liking what we are seeing.

Rapinoe needs to be subbed first. She's a shell of her former self. Bring on Press please.

Her second penalty aside, she was the smartest USA player on the field in the last 20 mins. She drew a number of fouls, and played smart passes and did a good job taking the sting out of the game once her peno gave us the lead.

So good job Pino

The ref let Spain beat the crap out of Morgan and Rapinoe all day without giving a yellow till late, then she calls that weak ass penalty. I mean, there was slight contact cleat to shin, but Lavelle was chasing the ball away from goal and was presenting no danger of scoring at that point. But at least VAR didn't get it wrong after the call - there was some contact, so you shouldn't reverse the call. I'll take it, though.

Her second penalty aside, she was the smartest USA player on the field in the last 20 mins. She drew a number of fouls, and played smart passes and did a good job taking the sting out of the game once her peno gave us the lead.

So good job Pino

Agree about Rapino, but I would like to see more Press. Maybe in favor of Morgan, who was already nursing an injury and took quite the beating.

And while our win wasn't all that impressive, France didn't exactly dominate Brazil yesterday, as Brazil was their equal most of the day and needed that great save by their defender to save the game.

Back