• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

That 16 with the hilarious front-of-the-neck tattoo was handing out the beatings. I was furious during the game, but I respect it as a #6

That 16 with the hilarious front-of-the-neck tattoo was handing out the beatings. I was furious during the game, but I respect it as a #6

I think it was the other woman who was handing out the beatings. The one that finally got the card on Rapino late.

Her second penalty aside, she was the smartest USA player on the field in the last 20 mins. She drew a number of fouls, and played smart passes and did a good job taking the sting out of the game once her peno gave us the lead.

So good job Pino

Idk man I think I agree more with your first assessment of Pino.... You know way more about soccer than I but from the unfutboled eye of mine she just appears sloppy and loses the ball a ton. Yes she hit two pks but aren't those like free throws? Aren't they supposed to be made? She missed a one on one with the goalie in the first half bad and had another cross she wiffed right in front of goal. Press should start in front of rapinoe

Another silly penalty given in the Women's World Cup. Japanese defender's arm is down by her side, completely naturally, and the shot comes from about 10 feet away and hits it. Then a minute later a phantom whistle when the Dutch defender is sitting on the ball in her own box. Could have been an indirect for Japan. Shame the tournament has had so many games decided by less than obvious calls. It's been a hugely watched tournament so far

Curaçao at the death vs Jamaica!

El Sal beat Honduras, we play Jamaica
Draw, we play El Sal
Honduras beat El Sal, we play Curaçao

Back