• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

it's extremely cool to say a take that hot exposed within 5 minutes of kickoff

We’re a little too intent on playing direct. It’s good to stretch them at times, but too much of it in favor of some simple possession has us on our heels too much right now. France has also shaken of some jitters and is looking a lot better

Morgan and Ohara getting away with back to back yellows not called. France plays a much nicer style but the US gets chances playing direct.

Not to mention Mewis's dive not being carded.

Last edited:
Morgan and Ohara getting away with back to back yellows not called. France plays a much nicer style but the US gets chances playing direct.

Neither of those is a yellow. Morgan’s foot was right next to the French players. She barely grazed her. O’hara had literally stopped. It’s obstruction, but she had know way of knowing a player with her back to her would decide to spin right into her.

France seeing their fair share of possession but nothing of note in the final third. They're going after Dunn but that French winger has been absolutely dreadful

Man, Diani is dangerous. Dunn is trying, but she’s a handful.

You’ll take the lead at half, but that last 25 min was all France. Also, commentators repeating that we’ve never lost when leading at half is a jinx waiting to happen.

Neither of those is a yellow. Morgan’s foot was right next to the French players. She barely grazed her. O’hara had literally stopped. It’s obstruction, but she had know way of knowing a player with her back to her would decide to spin right into her.

Catching her in the shin with studs is a yellow. The Ohara one I can see going either way but I think typically gets called given she had a run towards goal without the obstruction.

Alexi said Dunn has played well...I guess he had to say that?

From an offsides position? I think Dunn has held her own quite well so far

what game are you watching? she's beaten her off the dribble, turned her, beaten her in space

dunn is playing too tight, needs to go wider

guys its cool

im watching now to provide expert analysis

ive coached girls soccer so i am #DCDeaconQualified to comment

Back