• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Should model building the team after Atlanta United. They sold out their massive stadium from the jump with cheap season tix, cheap concessions, a great squad, excellent marketing, etc.

Younger South Americans rather than aging Euros

some of these summer games would be unbelievably hot without the dome and that’s prob one leg up for ATL and attendance. Not afraid to say I’d rather watch on tv for games in the sun in the 90s (borderline crime on packpride)

some of these summer games would be unbelievably hot without the dome and that’s prob one leg up for ATL and attendance. Not afraid to say I’d rather watch on tv for games in the sun in the 90s (borderline crime on packpride)

Probably the worst professional sporting event I've ever attended was Liverpool vs. Tottenham in Baltimore. It was 110 degrees and the players looked like the clip from the Simpsons where they are just standing still and passing it back and forth. We could have lost Charlie Adam that day.

yep! even scored 7 in the Prem last season

more than all American players combined!

Chicharito would walk into our national team's first XI and we'd welcome him with open arms (if that were allowed)

But mebbe you're happy with Gyasi Zardes?

Chicharito would walk into our national team's first XI and we'd welcome him with open arms (if that were allowed)

But mebbe you're happy with Gyasi Zardes?

Hmm, no thanks! I'd rather him be up top for Mexico when we play them. He's been up top for 637 minutes vs. the USA in his career and has scored 1 goal.

1 goal per every 637 minutes played vs. the USA is what that comes out to, assuming my math is correct.

Hmm, no thanks! I'd rather him be up top for Mexico when we play them. He's been up top for 637 minutes vs. the USA in his career and has scored 1 goal.

1 goal per every 637 minutes played vs. the USA is what that comes out to, assuming my math is correct.

Oh nice! What are his stats on goals per minute for Mexico in all competitive matches?

What about in just the World Cup?

Comical that anybody would still deny that a player like Javier Hernandez wouldn't be welcomed into the USMNT fold. GTFOH, man.

Quote function didn't work but this was in reference to the friendly in Baltimore

I was there also and it was stupid hot. Pretty sure Gareth Bale played in that game, as well as Brad Freidel. 0-0 draw

Oh nice! What are his stats on goals per minute for Mexico in all competitive matches?

What about in just the World Cup?

Comical that anybody would still deny that a player like Javier Hernandez wouldn't be welcomed into the USMNT fold. GTFOH, man.

Can he play for us but then when we play Mexico he get's to go back and play for Mexico? 1 in 637 is not far off from traffic cone production. I don't want to miss out on that

spot on

Back