• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Roster won't be announced until tomorrow. Klinsmann still contacting players. Klinsmann OUT!!

Castillo and Club America are playing Herculez Gomez and Estudiantes Tecos on Telefutura. Just started...

Either of them starting? Sucks not having anything other than the phone to follow along with for a few days

Yup, both starting. Gomez up top in a 4-4-2 and Castillo, I really can't tell at times. LM/LB. They're pretty fluid down the wings.

America just took the lead on an own goal. They've been the more dangerous in the first half.

Tecos with two second half goals, the first assisted by Gomez. Up 2-1 with 12 minutes to go. And America just awarded a questionable penalty. Chucho justly misses it over the bar.

Jose Torres with the start for Pachuca. The game is being shown on a one hour delay on Galavision starting at 10:30pm.

Beasley should be starting for Puebla at 10pm

Gomez just drilled the post and a Club America player sent off in the 86th. And another in the 90th.

Hearing that @FreddyAdu11 has been called into #usmnt camp for MEX friendly. He never rejoined Benfica for preseason, awaiting move

Eric Lichaj may not be called in today, but he is starting for AVFC against Tamworth tonight.

oh you guys will like this lol

http://ussoccerfanproblems.tumblr.com/

tumblr_lpa197Br0d1r0ibexo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lpa0syajrb1r0ibexo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lp83e3E7yV1r0ibexo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lp834c32T81r0ibexo1_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_lp847lkMz61r0ibexo1_500.jpg

Announcement should be in about a half hour. Word on the street is Klinsmann is a huge Marvell Wynne fan. He was quoted as saying "You can't teach speed. That kid's got speed. If I could clone him, he'd be playing 11 positions."

All I've heard is Chandler, Adu, and a rumour of Bill Hamid as recommended to Klinsmann by Timmay. We'll see...

GOALKEEPERS (2): Bill Hamid (D.C.United), Tim Howard (Everton)
DEFENDERS (8): Carlos Bocanegra (Saint-Etienne), Edgar Castillo (Club America), Timmy Chandler (FC Nürnberg), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover 96), Clarence Goodson (Brondby), Michael Orozco Fiscal (San Luis), Heath Pearce (Chivas USA), Tim Ream (New York Red Bulls)
MIDFIELDERS (7): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Michael Bradley (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Ricardo Clark (Eintracht Frankfurt), Maurice Edu (Rangers), Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04), Brek Shea (FC Dallas), José Torres (Pachuca)
FORWARDS (5): Freddy Adu (Benfica), Juan Agudelo (New York Red Bulls), DaMarcus Beasley (Puebla), Edson Buddle (FC Ingolstadt), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy)

Clark is back???

what the fuck?

Klinsmann is gonna call in as many guys as he can in these 3 friendlies. He's gotta see what he has to work with. I kind of like that there's a good mix of experience and youth. Easier to judge players when they're surrounded by similar or better players. Too many times we've given guys a look and then surround them with no options. Impossible to evaluate someone in that situation.

Klinsmann is gonna call in as many guys as he can in these 3 friendlies. He's gotta see what he has to work with. I kind of like that there's a good mix of experience and youth. Easier to judge players when they're surrounded by similar or better players. Too many times we've given guys a look and then surround them with no options. Impossible to evaluate someone in that situation.

thats a lot easier to stomach for Torres than the walking disaster that Clark is.

Back