• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

The result of the match and the formation aren't nearly as important as Klinsmann getting his feet wet looking at players and setting the tone for the next couple years as far as what he wants from guys.

Obviously in Brazil in 2014 Dempsey and Donovan will be there, and likely Howard too. The rest of the squad could be very different in a couple years depending on who develops and who doesn't.

Very exciting to see how Klinsmann solves the problems in the back, and the lack of finishing in attack.

Patience is a virtue.

I keep getting this great feeling about Josh Gatt...and then remember how unrealistic expectations have quite a track record in US soccer. That said, it's hard to watch that video and not be really impressed with the kid. I do hope we get to see him in Belgium.

I have to say I like Pearce being back. He's a funny guy and was good for us back in 2006-2008 when he was still pretty young. He'll be 30 next WC, so he's not a bad experience guy to have for the cycle. Pretty sure he's played both outside back spots for us as well.
Beasley is another one. He was one of our better players before he blew the ligaments in his knee. Didn't see the field at all really for Hannover, but he's looked good at Puebla this season. Another guy who's been there and can mentor the young ones a bit. No chance he'll be around for the next WC, but he could play a role in qualies.

dan_bu dan_bu
by JenChang88
Gladbach manager Favre on Michael Bradley: "He wants to leave and doesn´t play a role here anymore."

I keep getting this great feeling about Josh Gatt...and then remember how unrealistic expectations have quite a track record in US soccer. That said, it's hard to watch that video and not be really impressed with the kid. I do hope we get to see him in Belgium.

I think he'll be there, but I'm much more interested in seeing him continue his way up the club hierarchy. He's done well so far, going from the Austrian 2nd division to the Norwegian 1st in only one year. If he keeps progressing on that side, the national team contributions will come in due time.

I think he'll be there, but I'm much more interested in seeing him continue his way up the club hierarchy. He's done well so far, going from the Austrian 2nd division to the Norwegian 1st in only one year. If he keeps progressing on that side, the national team contributions will come in due time.

I also like the idea that he is being managed by Ole Gunnar Solskjær, who has already told SAF to take a look at him. I like this situation.

Ughhh. Timmy was the player I was most looking forward to seeing. Behind Freddy of course.

dan_bu dan_bu
by JenChang88
Gladbach manager Favre on Michael Bradley: "He wants to leave and doesn´t play a role here anymore."

When did Brett start coaching the other football?

2 players that were not called in to Klinsmann's first #USMNT roster-Kljestan and Diskerud-both scored for their respective clubs today

Bradley's last 3 games against MEX: 0-3; 3 goals for, 11 goals against

Ouch

So who has a guess as to where Bradley ends up?

Michael that is.

Last edited:
Back