• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Portugal's Squad:

Goalkeepers: Rui Patrício (Sporting), Beto (Cluj), Eduardo (Benfica)

Defenders: Bruno Alves (Zenit), Fábio Coentrão (Real Madrid), João Pereira (Sporting), Pepe (Real Madrid), Ricardo Costa (Valencia), Rolando (FC Porto), Miguel Lopes

Midfielders: Carlos Martins (Granada), João Moutinho (FC Porto), Custódio (Braga), Miguel Veloso (Genoa), Raul Meireles (Chelsea), Rúben Micael (Zaragoza)

Forwards: Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid), Hélder Postiga (Zaragoza), Nani (Manchester United), Nélson Oliveira (Benfica), Ricardo Quaresma (Besiktas), Hugo Almeida (Besiktas), Varela (FC Porto)

@GrantWahl: Judging by Sacha Kljestan's tweets & what I've been hearing, the new Belgian league champ won't be in USMNT camp. Unfortunate if so.

@FrancoPanizo: Looks like Castillo has gotten call from Klinsmann RT@edgarcastillo40
@GregoryGarza si ya aki n TJ con mi familia el martes me voy a orlando

I'm going to cap it at 12, so only 1 more may enter. Going to be slim pickings after the group stage is thru.

If it's not full, but put me in. I'll be following the Russia / Poland / Czech / Greece group in person, but if the draft is before the tournament is love to be in.

Parkhurst's team (not trying to spell that) can go into first in the Danish league with a win today. Not sure if this is the last game of the season, but it would be nice to see another American, and I'm sure especially for you guys a Deac, win another league this year.

Drew 0-0. One point behind Copenhagen, but two games left (Danish league plays an odd number of games for some odd reason)

If it's not full, but put me in. I'll be following the Russia / Poland / Czech / Greece group in person, but if the draft is before the tournament is love to be in.

Yeah, I hope to have the draft done well in advance of the tournament start date.

Will you be able to access a computer to change your lineups for matches 1, 2 and 3 for the group stage and then do waivers for before the QFs of the unclaimed players left?

Scotland squad to face USA (alphabetical order):

Bannan, Bardsley, Berra, Brown, Bryson, Caldwell, Cowie, Gilks, Goodwillie, Gordon, Mackail-Smith, Maloney, Martin, McArthur, McGregor, Miller, Mulgrew, Phillips, Russell, Wallace, Webster, Whittaker.

Fucking hell...

Spain won't be announcing their squad until the 27th since the Copa del Rey final is on the 25th. That could really hurt the draft, but I guess we can figure what players are LIKELY to be in the squad, eh?

Thoughts?

Sweden:

Goalkeepers: Andreas Isaksson (PSV Eindhoven), Johan Wiland, (FC Copenhagen, Pär Hansson (Helsingborg)

Defenders: Mikael Lustig (Celtic), Olof Mellberg(Olympiakos), Andreas Granqvist (Genoa), Martin Olsson, (Blackburn), Jonas Olsson (West Bromwich), Behrang Safari (Anderlecht), Mikael Antonsson (Bologna)

Midfielders: Rasmus Elm (AZ Alkmaar), Sebastian Larsson (Sunderland), Kim Kallstrom (Lyon), Anders Svensson (Elfsborg), Pontus Wernbloom (CSKA Moscow), Samuel Holmen (Istanbul BB ), Emir Bajrami (Twente), Christian Wilhelmsson (al-Hilal)

Strikers: Zlatan Ibrahimovic (AC Milan), Johan Elmander (Galatasaray), Tobias Hysen (IFK Gothenburg), Ola Toivonen (PSV Eindhoven), Marcus Rosenberg (Werder Bremen).

Fucking hell...

Spain won't be announcing their squad until the 27th since the Copa del Rey final is on the 25th. That could really hurt the draft, but I guess we can figure what players are LIKELY to be in the squad, eh?

Thoughts?

Torres

Brian Sciaretta ‏ @BrianSciaretta
Despite reports, Terrence Boyd's agent tells me a move to E. Braunschweig is not on the table but there are discussions with several clubs

No Timothy Chandler

Timothy Chandler wont be a part of the USMNT camp. Comment on US Soccer from Klinsmann indicate Chandler "needs to take a break.

So far:

GOALKEEPERS (3): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)
DEFENDERS (4): Carlos Bocanegra (Rangers), Edgar Castillo (Club Tijuana), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover), Alfredo Morales (Hertha Berlin)
MIDFIELDERS (8): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Michael Bradley (Chievo Verona), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Maurice Edu (Rangers), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim), Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04), Jose Torres (Pachuca), Danny Williams (Hoffenheim)
FORWARDS (1): Clint Dempsey (Fulham)

Weirdest roster release ever? I think so. It appears this list is the players who have finished their domestic seasons and players who outed their callups on twitter.

Jozy's season is finished so why is he missing?

Back