• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

The fact that Inter sees Bradley as the possible heir apparent to Zanetti is simply incredible to consider. Good for Michael. Good for US Soccer

Any pickup games soon dv7? I'm home for the summer so I can play pretty much any day of the week unless I have games to call that night. Y'all normally play on Sundays right?

Sundays will start up again in a few weeks as there is still a league games happening on Sundays now. Wednesdays after work at Whitaker Elementary is where the pickup games are for now tho and that will continue thru the summer I'd imagine.

Sundays will start up again in a few weeks as there is still a league games happening on Sundays now. Wednesdays after work at Whitaker Elementary is where the pickup games are for now tho and that will continue thru the summer I'd imagine.

Alright sounds good. I'll probably come out to most of the Sunday pick ups. Shoot me a PM or text if you go out to any of the Wednesday games. I need to get back into shape. How skilled is the competition out there?

Varies. Some really solid players to some guys that are just terrible. But it is pickup...so it's all good. People will joke around with each other, so it's a good time.

The goals there are the smaller ones for the kids, so assuming the numbers are good you get 2 or 3 games of 8v8 going at once.

Awesome. I play in a 7v7 league at smith field in G'boro and we use those same size goals. It doesn't start till July though. Glad to hear that they are other scrubbs out there, I won't be alone.

Brek has been struggling some this year, but that guy not even putting him on the standby list shows he has no idea what he's talking about when predicting the roster.

I just read another from a pretty good MLS writer who didn't mention Parkhurst but had Beitashour and Sinovic, who is injured. I love anyone who spends time writing about US soccer, but please.

@GrantWahl: Hearing Hérculez Gómez is being called into USMNT camp. (If Santos makes Mexican final wouldn't come in until afterward, obviously.)

How does one sign up for the euro fantasy game? It would help if it weren't buried in a 600 page thread. :)

I'm going to cap it at 12, so only 1 more may enter. Going to be slim pickings after the group stage is thru.

Parkhurst's team (not trying to spell that) can go into first in the Danish league with a win today. Not sure if this is the last game of the season, but it would be nice to see another American, and I'm sure especially for you guys a Deac, win another league this year.

@GrantWahl: Judging by Sacha Kljestan's tweets & what I've been hearing, the new Belgian league champ won't be in USMNT camp. Unfortunate if so.

Back