• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

@BrianSciaretta: Molde take a 1-0 lead over Brann in the first half. American winger Josh Gatt with an assist. Big week? #usmnt

I know its Norway, but how in god's name is Josh Gatt not getting a look? We need speed on the wings badly.

I know its Norway, but how in god's name is Josh Gatt not getting a look? We need speed on the wings badly.

Also, Jurgen rarely plays with traditional wingers. He could get called in, but I'd be stunned if he actually saw time since these games actually matter. Perfect candidate for that Russia game later this year since I imagine it'll be all Euros

He was just subbed off in the 64th minute while tied 1-1. Seems like an odd sub to make. Injury?

GOALKEEPERS (4) : Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton), Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)
DEFENDERS (9) : Carlos Bocanegra (Racing Santander), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover), Maurice Edu (Stoke City), Clarence Goodson (Brondby), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim), Michael Orozco Fiscal (San Luis), Michael Parkhurst (Nordsjaelland), Jonathan Spector (Birmingham City)
MIDFIELDERS (8) : Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Joshua Gatt (Molde), Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04), Brek Shea (FC Dallas), Jose Torres (Pachuca), Danny Williams (Hoffenheim), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)
FORWARDS (4 ): Jozy Altidore (AZ Alkmaar), Terrence Boyd (Rapid Vienna), Clint Dempsey (Tottenham Hotspur), Herculez Gomez (Santos)

I really don't understand Lichaj not being involved in Klinsmann's plans. He's our best outside back not named Dolo or Johnson.

Lol Ream not on there? Bolton confirmed his call up on Friday. Did he play his way out this weekend?!? I believe so

I can only assume that it's part of Jurgen's selective "you must be playing with your club team to be considered" rule. Up until today Lichaj hadn't gotten a league start this year, and had been injured for a good amount of the Klinsmann era.

Lol Ream not on there? Bolton confirmed his call up on Friday. Did he play his way out this weekend?!? I believe so

Or they just assumed that Klinsmann checking in meant an actually call up. I know Rangers announced at least once last year that Bedoya got called and when the roster came out he was nowhere to be seen.

4 goalkeepers?? Ok.

Johnson will be the 3rd GK for the away match and Rimando will be the 3rd GK for the home match. Jurgen agreed to work around their MLS schedules since they are coming in as the third goalkeeper

According to Jurgen, a club has to be notified 15 days in advance that a player may be called in. So the U.S. notified Bolton that he may be called in, but he wasn't and is instead one of the players on the standby list.

I'm going to assume that Deuce can't go 90, at least not on Friday. So do we start him and use a sub for him later on, or have him on the bench to come in later? Really not sure which way its going to go.

Back