• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Man, I can't wait until Jack Wilshere is in a United shirt. What a player.

Leaked lineup is:

Howard
Chandler Boca Cameron Johnson
Williams
Zusi Bradley Jones
Deuce Herc

Who knows if that's right or not though

@ussoccer: #USMNT lineup for #USAvHON: Howard ©; Chandler, Gonzalez, Cameron, F. Johnson; Williams, Jones, Bradley, E. Johnson; Dempsey, Altidore

That was Wilshere that put Walcott thru? Could have sworn it was Rooney, but my stream is choppy, so you're probably right.

Cleverley and Wilshere are bossing this match. Wilshere has been the best player on the pitch for the first 30 minutes by some distance.

Sooo, Brazil's plan is to let Walcott continue to get the ball with acres of space ahead of him? Who is their LB today and where is he?

----

Great ball by Oscar! Neymar misses from 4 yards with an empty net in front of him. Terrible miss.

Barry Glendenning is great.

36 min: "Why should anybody bother emailing you at all if you're just going to be obtuse and dismissive no matter what we say?" asks Matthew H, who should go away.

I'm sure the Glazers' oppression will be borderline unbearable by then, and they'd only be able to offer 50Mil. Which wouldn't be enough.

Let the Omar era begin. Surprised its starting now, but let's go. That's a backline that doesn't have much experience though, and especially not playing together. Hope Jurgen got it right.

Someone also did a very good job leaking bad info out there

Danny Welbeck seems more interested in scoring pretty goals than actually just getting the goals.

If he squares the last ball instead of being cute, Johnson has an uncontested shot from 16 out.

Danny Welbeck seems more interested in scoring pretty goals than actually just getting the goals.

If he squares the last ball instead of being cute, Johnson has an uncontested shot from 16 out.

Halfway line to penalty box his play is nearly flawless as he just reacts to what is happening on the pitch. Inside the penalty box he thinks too much and attacks go to shit when he gets the ball. He needs to sort that out, but once he does he is going to be dynamite.

No one gives a shit about a fucking England/Brazil friendly

Considering the USA game is not on, and two of the more visible teams in the world are playing each other, I respectfully disagree.

Halfway line to penalty box his play is nearly flawless as he just reacts to what is happening on the pitch. Inside the penalty box he thinks too much and attacks go to shit when he gets the ball. He needs to sort that out, but once he does he is going to be dynamite.

Then just reclassify him to playing on the wings.

At least then his one goal in 27 apps this year will be a little easier to digest.

He is definitely not a winger.

He was much more composed inside the box last season. I think it's a confidence thing at this point. Doesn't trust himself so he is over thinking it.

Cleverley off, Lampard on
Cole off, Baines on

Good 45 minutes for Cleverley. Fine with him being off with Everton this weekend and then Real Madrid after that.

Back