• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Hope you're not talking about his point with Jozy, cause he's right...

Just in general. Every hiccup is a sign of impending catastrophe. He sounds like the guy sitting at the bar watching the game with a Bud Light. (And he has just as much World Cup experience.)

Beasley please. I'd rather be scored on because of mismatches than retarded giveaways

Entertaining, wide open game with both defenses suspect. Do y'all think Beasley starts against Nigeria? Feeling a bit better about us creating scoring opportunities, but Germany, Portugal and Ghana are going to abuse our back line.

I don't know where to start with this game. Some good stuff (chances created, Johnson's goal), so much bad (we could have given up 4). I was ready to slam Yedlin, then he stepped up a bit - but he's nowhere near ready. I thought Brooks looked decent, certainly no worse than Besler. Chandler is mercurial - periods of excellent play followed by brain farts like the giveaway that lead to the penalty.

As for Green - please, Jurgen, we're not dumb. The kid will probably eventually be a good player for us...but World Cup? Nothing like cutting your teeth against top level competition on the grandest of stages. So dumb.

Back