• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

I really wanted to beat the brakes off this shitty El Tri team but we owe Jamaica too

Really impressed with Blake last night. And Jamaica was able to hold possession and get forward on occasion. Was more impressed with them than I thought I'd be.

Blake had a night, but Mexico did a great job of hitting everything right at him. Better finishing and Mexico bags 3-4. My only concern is our lack of shots on goal. We'll need more than 2-3 unless we plan to place them in the corners.

Blake had a night, but Mexico did a great job of hitting everything right at him. Better finishing and Mexico bags 3-4. My only concern is our lack of shots on goal. We'll need more than 2-3 unless we plan to place them in the corners.
He was amazing though. Such athleticism. Sure, some shots were right at him but the sequence with the kick save followed by another was just outrageous.

Yeah, I can see the potential of losing this game due to our lack of scoring opportunities and good goal keeping with Jamaica scoring on a counter. Is Blake now the best CONCACAF has to offer in net? I caught 1 of our earlier games without Guzan or Howard, and whoever we had in there seemed uncertain and unassertive.

I'm not crowning a guy for a showing in the off year Gold Cup. Would still take Navas and Howard over him, probably even Ochoa.

Back