• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

I'm not saying they'll stop playing, but playing for club is obviously different than playing for country.

They are going to miss out on a lot of team building. Pulisic, Brooks, other young players not playing competitive US matches is going to suck.

I'm not saying they'll stop playing, but playing for club is obviously different than playing for country.

They are going to miss out on a lot of team building. Pulisic, Brooks, other young players not playing competitive US matches is going to suck.

Meh, missing out on this squad's team building may be a blessing. We just finished 5th out of 6th in the easiest qualifying federation.

Blow it up. Bring in someone who's first press conference goes something like NO PLACE IS GUARANTEED and go from there. Jurgen had the right ideas, but was too much of an asshole to pull them off. You need someone with his long term vision who also has the social skills to not lose a locker room.

Also can we get someone with some GOD DAMN TACTICAL FLEXIBILITY. Jurgen had to play his six holding MF's and Bruce refuses to make any lineup changes regardless of the opponent.

Last edited:
They literally play for stuff week in and week out for their clubs.

I just don't get this level of thinking from you and a few others. These aren't amateurs that don't play soccer outside the US.

They assclowns that failed this go around aren't going to stop play competitive soccer anytime soon...aside from a few, of course.

I think you know what he means. International breaks are now just that, breaks. The USMNT is going to be a tune up for teams going to the World Cup.

Meh, missing out on this squad's team building may be a blessing. We just finished 5th out of 6th in the easiest qualifying federation.

Blow it up. Bring in someone who's first press conference goes something like NO PLACE IS GUARANTEED and go from there. Jurgen had the right ideas, but was too much of an asshole to pull them off. You need someone with his long term vision who also has the social skills to not lose a locker room.

Also can we get someone with some GOD DAMN TACTICAL FLEXIBILITY. Jurgen had to play his six holding MF's and Bruce refuses to make any lineup changes regardless of the opponent.

Agreed.

I don't care how shitty Fab Johnson played the last time he was in camp. Not having him here was criminal. We played Villafana, for fuck's sakes.

Omar Gonzalez sucks and gets repeated chances. Geoff Cameron has one poor game and he doesn't again see the pitch.

The players were a disgrace tonight, and that's why we lost and why we'll stay home, but Bruce Arena morphed into Jurgen Klinsmann and it defied logic.

Bruce has his favorites and they fucked us tonight. Its on them, and him.

I'm with Townie now. Bradley out too. Acosta and McKennie CM in our next friendly. EPB, CCV and Miazga all need looks at CB. FIND A FUCKING LB. Yedlin is still valuable against higher competition who bunker in.

Up front build around Pulisic as the #10. Give him quality wingers to play with. Play Wood up top since he appears to be the only FWD that makes any runs. Give Morris a shot playing as a winger. He has the technical ability of a brick, but at least he runs and is dangerous in the box.

I

Last edited:
Had two good games all of qualifying. Panama and Honduras at home.

Maybe Mex away but we probably lose that if not for Bradley's crazy goal

Where do I send my super impressive CV of high school and club soccer coaching?

We were qualifying when Klinsmann was fired, no? Doesn't matter really, Arena was a gutless hire and the players responded accordingly. The commentators still couldn't find the balls to call out the players and coaching more than to say it was unfortunate and disappointing. Pathetic effort from the players, gutless from the coaches and apathetic from the media. Hopefully the result will cause the media funding and sponsors to take a different look at things.

Last edited:
Back