• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

At least we don’t have to qualify.

Do all three nations get autos? Not sure how that will work.

My guess is all three get in automatically because of the expanded field, plus the precedent from 2002. This is from the ESPN write-up:

The format for automatic bids for host countries is in transition. The North American region will get 6.5 bids (.5 because one team will play another team from another country in a playoff to get in), and it hasn't been decided if all three hosts of the United bid will get in automatically. But in 2002, when Japan and South Korea co-hosted the event, both teams were given automatic bids.

8-years-away ticket speculation: how difficult and expensive will it be to attend matches as an average American?

I kind of really hate co-hosting with those back stabbers from Canada. There is a special place in hell for them.

Good luck climbing the wall.

8-years-away ticket speculation: how difficult and expensive will it be to attend matches as an average American?
My plan is to be an officially licensed coach again and hopefully they sell tickets to us before the public as they do for other internationals.

Official US Soccer Thread (US wins 2026 World Cup bid)

Considered- DC, Baltimore, Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Nashville, Cincinnati, Atlanta, Orlando, Miami, Kansas City, Dallas, Houston, Denver, Los Angelo’s, San Francisco, Seattle, Mexico City, Guadalajara, Monterrey, Toronto, Montreal, and Edmonton.

No longer under consideration- Vancouver, Chicago, Minneapolis, Charlotte, Detroit, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Salt Lake City and Tampa.

Probably missed some, all to be decided in a short amount of time, roughly 2021.

Well yeah that’s face value. The chances of getting TST-USA will be about 0% for every category. Resale will be 4 digits easily

I mean I get Morocco is close but you’d think the infrastructure and money and fan turnout alone would sway top ranked teams like that

These match-times suck like a hoover. I guess they're good for adolescents without summer jobs.

Back