• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

soccer.com has the White Donovan Home kits on sale right now for 25.00 if you are a goal club member. XL and XXL only remaining sizes in stock. PM me if you need a goal club password

I assume everyone has seen the leak for the new kits? I've also heard the blues will look like the 94s. I hated them back in the day, but God, if this is true, it's going to epic.

GOALKEEPERS (3) : Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)

DEFENDERS (7) : Carlos Bocanegra (Rangers), Geoff Cameron (Houston Dynamo), Timmy Chandler (Nürnberg), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover 96), Clarence Goodson (Brondby), Michael Parkhurst (FC Nordsjaelland), Jonathan Spector (Birmingham City)

MIDFIELDERS (6) : Michael Bradley (Chievo Verona), Maurice Edu (Rangers), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim), Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04), Jose Torres (Pachuca), Danny Williams (Hoffenheim)

FORWARDS (5) : Jozy Altidore (AZ Alkmaar), Terrence Boyd (Borussia Dortmund), Edson Buddle (LA Galaxy), Clint Dempsey (Fulham), Landon Donovan (LA Galaxy)

I'm intrigued by Boyd, but this is just another example of Jurgen talking out of his ass. He talks about players needing to be playing at high levels, and he calls up another German that hasn't actually made a first team appearance?

And seriously, what does Kljestan have to do to get a call at this point?

Fuck Sacha. He's shit.

Not that Mo Edu is really tearing it up recently... but at least that shitbag hippie isn't on the roster.

@briansciaretta: Terrence Boyd received a call from Klinsmann last night while packing his bags for Dallas to be with the U23 team

I'm intrigued by Boyd, but this is just another example of Jurgen talking out of his ass. He talks about players needing to be playing at high levels, and he calls up another German that hasn't actually made a first team appearance?

And seriously, what does Kljestan have to do to get a call at this point?

Become a Germamerican?

I've watched Sacha a few times, and while his team is doing well, he still doesn't impress me really. I guess I'd rather see him than Edu at this point, but whatever.

Terrence Boyd has been tearing it up everywhere he's gone. I have no problem giving him a look. Who is more deserving of a look at forward? We have no one getting substantial minutes in a competitive league. Boyd is behind Lewandowski and Barrios. Tough to fault him for not breaking into the starting lineup.

No Beckerman, nice. This roster looks made for a 4-3-3.

If Boyd had really been tearing it up everyone he's gone, he wouldn't be playing for us. He's done very well in the German 4th division. If he was tearing it up everywhere, he'd be getting minutes for Dortmund instead of getting left out of the 18 entirely. He's even been quoted recently saying he's having real tough times keeping up at practice.

I could make a very good argument that Charlie Davies is more deserving of a look, and I don't think he has any business being on the team right now. Potential doesn't mean shit right now. Boyd certainly could be very good, but he's not there yet. Let's see him play more than zero first team professional games before giving him a call into the senior national team.

What's Boyd rated on FIFA? That will end this discussion one way or the other.

Back