• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Richt Out at UGA?

I think Richt needs to peace out UGA. Not because he isnt a good coach, or that he hasn't done a decent job, it's just not a good fit.

He hasn't maximized the talent he's had, and most importantly, he just isn't a stone cold eat your babies for lunch killer asshole who will do whatever it takes to beat and humilate the other diploma mill jock-ocracies out there in the SEC. That's the personality type that Saban, Miles, Spurrier and Meyer all have. Win at all costs. That's not Richt.

He would be a great coach in the ACC or Pac 10.

U Ga hire Dooley, be a disaster fr both programs. UT will be crushed by their 4th coach in what 5 years? Dooley is half the coach Richt is, if that much.

He seems cool to me. I like how he kicks off every season with a back flip off the high dive platform at the school's indoor swimming complex.

The only thing more pussy than Richt is the weak-ass schedule they played this year. That whole division is a joke.

Not his fault that it aligned this way, but UGA fans must know how lucky they were to not play Bama, LSU or Arkansas this year.

Can't say I blame him. His teams always seem to start slow, the fire Richt rumors start up, and then they win a bunch of games and save his job. Gotta be stressful.

What?

The end of last year season and the beginning of this season has been the only time in which Richt's seat was ever hot.

From 2002 to 2008 he finished the season ranked every year, won 2 SEC Championships, 3 SEC East Titles and multiple Top 10 finishes.

2009 and 2010 were the two down years he had and following a 7-6 (I believe it was 7-6) season last year, that's when his seat started to get hot.

1. Bobo and Dooley have .0001% chance at the job.

2. Marshall is coming to Athens.

3. Mark Richt will be the Georgia HC next season.

4. I've always thought he would leave prematurely, but like 5-7 years down the road on his own.

If he does leave, the first call is to Boise obviously but Peterson won't leave prob.

Then Kirby Smart.

Dooley isn't an option unless his mommy gives him permission first.

1. Bobo and Dooley have .0001% chance at the job.

2. Marshall is coming to Athens.

3. Mark Richt will be the Georgia HC next season.

4. I've always thought he would leave prematurely, but like 5-7 years down the road on his own.

How many leghumpers are on this wfu board anyway?

FWIW Richt has his lake house on Hartwell for sale. But I've also heard that their devotion to their faith has led them to sell off any 'excess' assets and live very humbly. May lend credence to becoming future missionaries....

FWIW Richt has his lake house on Hartwell for sale. But I've also heard that their devotion to their faith has led them to sell off any 'excess' assets and live very humbly. May lend credence to becoming future missionaries....

That was his answer when asked about selling the lake house.

Back